The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Weave

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've finally started reading The Host after it has sat on my bookself since it came out. I'm only a few chapters in and can't get in to it at all! I find it very confusing also. I think I'm going to abandon it. I've read a lot of good reviews, so it is just me?

Its not just you nursenblack, I gave up twice and then re~started it again, once you get past the inital slowness, it does get better :)

I've finally started reading The Host after it has sat on my bookself since it came out. I'm only a few chapters in and can't get in to it at all! I find it very confusing also. I think I'm going to abandon it. I've read a lot of good reviews, so it is just me?

I wasn't a fan of it. I got bored quite a lot, and felt it was too long and drawn out. I did finish it, but wouldn't feel inclined to recommend it to anyone else. It's still on my shelf for some reason, but it will be off the the charity shop on my next trip.

Its not the greatest book in the world but the story was interesting :)

Exactly what I think, its not a terrible book by any means and I am not interested in reading any of her Twighlight books but the idea was a good one though I am not sure particularly original, in fact I am prettty sure its been done before I just can't remeber where :D

Exactly what I think, its not a terrible book by any means and I am not interested in reading any of her Twighlight books but the idea was a good one though I am not sure particularly original, in fact I am prettty sure its been done before I just can't remeber where :D

I thought it was familiar too pickle but like your good self, I could not remember where :)