The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Weave

No need to apologize! Just try again another day :irked:

I've actually made it past 50 pages on the 5th attempt of trying to read this book so fingers crossed I can finish it now :D

Just cant get into it......read it on bus today coming back from work and nothing........:D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cant get into it......read it on bus today coming back from work and nothing........:)

One day..... :D

It took me ages to get into this as well. At least to about 60 pages in, so you're almost there ScarletBella! :D Ended up really enjoying it too.

Yay! I am starting to like it more already - I just needed to make myself carry on reading :irked:

• 4 weeks later...

I think it showed how humans can act. In this case souls were stereotypicalized. I think the Jarad situation was interesting. Jared and Jamie loved Melanie, yet Jamie's inoocent youth saw through the body and the silvery eyes. He knew Wanderer had feeling just like any human.

It's been confirmed on the Stephenie Meyer website that this book will be adapted for the big screen with Andrew Niccol writing and directing.

That should be interesting. I imagine it will be another book to film adaptation that I will be disappointed with.

It's been confirmed on the Stephenie Meyer website that this book will be adapted for the big screen with Andrew Niccol writing and directing.

I wonder who's bought it? Hope it's not Summit otherwise they'll be casting Robert Pattinson and/or Kristen Stewart and neither of them are right for The Host.

That should be interesting. I imagine it will be another book to film adaptation that I will be disappointed with.

I don't think I'll be going to see it - I ended up loving the book but it took me so long to read it I think the film would just ruin all that effort!

Thank goodness for that - Summit would have done unspeakable things and taken liberties. I loved Gattaca so I look forward to seeing what Niccol does with The Host :D

Thanks for the link too, I must have missed that on Stephenie's site :P

Oh a movie, as mentioned, thank goodness its not Summit :P

Slightly off topic ~Summit are supposed to be making 'Maximum Ride', the James Patterson book, Catherine Hardwicke is directing and she thinks Kristen Stewart should play Max (I don't see it at all!), no doubt there will also be a part for Nikki Reed :D

Oh a movie, as mentioned, thank goodness its not Summit :D

Slightly off topic ~Summit are supposed to be making 'Maximum Ride', the James Patterson book, Catherine Hardwicke is directing and she thinks Kristen Stewart should play Max (I don't see it at all!), no doubt there will also be a part for Nikki Reed :lol:

Gah! I don't like Nikki Reed at all, I still don't think she's completely right as Rosalie and Kristen Stewart is definitely not Max :P

I'm intrigued as to who they're going to cast in The Host - I wonder if Stephenie will get to approve who they look at?

Gah! I don't like Nikki Reed at all, I still don't think she's completely right as Rosalie and Kristen Stewart is definitely not Max :P

I'm intrigued as to who they're going to cast in The Host - I wonder if Stephenie will get to approve who they look at?

It will be interesting to see who is chosen :D

Kristen Stewert is certainly not Max, that'd put me off watching that film, completely. Which is a shame because I love the novels.

Me too Ben, when I read that KS was a potential, I was like, 'no no no', I just imagined someone different in the part :P x

Just bought this book today. Looking forward to reading it-, will get back to you with my thoughts!!

NN.

Happy reading NN :)

• 2 weeks later...

Now i read this book and i read it all the way through and had a few laughs in it but over all i thought it was only good for one read it was nothing fantastic. The whole alien thing i thought was original but not as good as the twilights didnt have me gripped as much.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely loved the host - The Twilight saga being one of my guilty pleasures i wasn't sure if The Host was going to tickle my pickle in quite the same way. But it did - infact i think it was better. The idea of reading a book based around the idea of 'aliens' coming to earth and taking over was a bit off-putting as, lets be honest, it's all been done before and then adapted into some of the worst movies known to man but this book really did it for me. It was just complex enough to raise it above the 'teenage smush' level that the twilight saga sometimes sank to and i believe credit should be given where credit is due - Meyer manages to make her readers except some really fantastical ideas by setting them in a reality not too far from the one we all live in.

Definately put it on your tbr list!

x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the Host, much better than I was expecting - for any Stargate fans out there was thinking it would be something like the whole Go'auld/Tokra thing, but thought it was very cleverly done. Good first 'stand alone' book for SM after the Twilight series too, hard act to follow :(

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...