American Quest by Sienna Skyy

Kate

I received this as a Reviewer book and was excited about reading it, a magical thriller where the boyfriend and a quirky group of characters hunt for his kidnapped girlfriend. However, I found the book a bit of a let down. There were too many characters to remember and I did not feel emotionally interested in any of the characters, human or not. The story did not grip me and I'm afraid I did not finish this book.

Here is the synopsis:

"American Quest, a contemporary fantasy, is the first in a quartet of novels that begins with the story of two lovers, Bruce and Gloria. Intensely in love, uncommonly passionate about life and each other, they are prefect prey for a demon determined to enslave humanity, who upends their world, forcing them to be unwitting pawns in a cosmic battle between good and evil.

When Gloria is captured by the dark spirit Enervata, Bruce embarks on a quest across America to save her. He knows little of the path ahead. He knows only that in order to do battle against the overwhelming forces aligned against him, he must first collect the Four Pillars of Humanity-whatever and wherever they are. Several join him on a quest, including his best friend, a rocker, a stand-up comedienne, a little old Italian lady, an old-beyond-her-years child, and a strangely visionary fortune teller.

Together they face danger, even death, at every turn, confronting the challengesof Enervata and his minions as they struggle mightily to uncover the Pillars, all the while unsure of Gloria's fate."

If anyone would like my copy, let me know, I'll be happy to pass it on