"Night Watch" by Sergey Lukjyanenko

Guest VestnikRA

Guest VestnikRA

Just wondering has anyone seen the movie 'Night Watch" ?

The story based on the book written by bestselling Russian Sci-Fi author Sergey Lukjyanenko.

I heard that some of his books has been translated into English so may be you even read something by him? :welcome:

Guest VestnikRA

Glad to hear this, FishAndChips!

I think the books are much better than the movies. I really enjoyed the books but was a bit disappointed by what I saw on the screen. :welcome:

• 3 years later...

Is that the movie Night Watch with Ewan McGregor where he plays a student on the night watch as a security guard at a morgue?

No, it's a Russian fantasy series/movie.

I've read Night Watch, Day Watch and Twilight Watch two years ago. I read them in a Dutch translation, but the last book of the series, Last Watch, was never translated. I bought the English version, but still haven't got to reading it. I remember that the story was very complex, and I'd really have to read them again to fully understand the last one. It's an intense series and you really have to concentrate. I really enjoyed it, though - it was a tremendous read, and as soon as I can find the time, I plan to re-read them and then read the last one.

I've seen the movie Night Watch on TV - the adaptation of the book. I really didn't like it and I think I didn't even finish it.

• 5 months later...

No, it's a Russian fantasy series/movie.

I've read Night Watch, Day Watch and Twilight Watch two years ago. I read them in a Dutch translation, but the last book of the series, Last Watch, was never translated. I bought the English version, but still haven't got to reading it. I remember that the story was very complex, and I'd really have to read them again to fully understand the last one. It's an intense series and you really have to concentrate. I really enjoyed it, though - it was a tremendous read, and as soon as I can find the time, I plan to re-read them and then read the last one.

I've seen the movie Night Watch on TV - the adaptation of the book. I really didn't like it and I think I didn't even finish it.

It was indeed kind of annoying as I bought and these as well in Dutch so I was dissapointed in the publishers decision to NOT release the last book in the series. This shows perhaps my reluctance buying books in Dutch, unless the writer is Dutch.