Gone by Julie Powell

Weave

Title of book: Gone

Name of author: Julie Powell

ISBN: Amazon. 0955687101

Number of pages: 259

promo_2136725.jpg

Synposis:

A two year old girl's heart stops and she dies but is brought back too late, memories wiped, character vanished. One question haunts her mother's anguished mind: Where has her daughter gone? This story is one answer to that question. Inspired by truth.

Review:

Jenny is no longer their baby. She is an empty shell, kept alive by tubes and machines. Her personality and charactor has been tragically wiped clean. She doesn't even know her own parents: an empty body twisted and distorted as she lays trapped in her bed. Charley has lived a life of guilt, having entrusted her daughter's care to others. She is unable to bear the sight of her daughter on a regular basis, hiding her pain and guilt from those she knows, as she turns her attention to her commercial ventures. Whilst sitting in her office, this all becomes too much for her and she has a heart attack. The reader then follows Charley on her venture in to the world beyond reality, a world that explores human emotions and the very meaning of life itself. She embarks on a journey that she finds painful and bewildering . . . . peace, acceptance and release seeming to stay just whisper beyond her reach. An imaginitive exploration of life and death and the realm that lays between.

Rating: 8/10

Reviewed by: Nicola Pashley (posted by Gyre on her behalf)

Edited by Weave

Hello to all

Reviewing my own book was a way of giving more details of why I'd written it. Well, at least it gave you a laugh. :welcome:

I'm sorry it's too expensive - the retail price is out of my hands though it is available through Lulu - they determine the p&p, sorry.

It's still a worthwhile and unique read and will certainly make you think differently. At least people are talking about it - even if it's just to talk about the price. :006: Though, yes, I agree that price is a problem with self-publishing but most of us have no alternative.

You may like to look at the reviews on the two copies (one with or without an ISBN) or even risk buying something new and unusual?

Thank you for taking the time to think about it at all.

Julie Elizabeth Powell