Another what's for dinner?

Nici

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've chucked a load of brown rice, vermicelli noodles, some chicken breasts and Chicken broth into the slow cooker. Here's hoping it turns out ok cause I have no idea how much broth & how long it takes to cook rice in a slow cooker!

Is it one of those rice cookers where you chuck rice and water and whatever acompaniments you like in and it cooks itself and automatically stops (or rather goes on a "keep warm" function) when there is no water left? If so mine needs just a little more than 1,5 volume of water for 1 volume of rice.

Hope that helps, it's a great appliance once you get the hang of it!

Ima head to the shops at some point today so will most likely decide then. I really feel like chicken, mash potato and stuffing though :Q

LOL that didn't even occur to me, it was subconscious! You've been subliminally advertising >;O At ze moment i am having cookies.

Going to make my chicken and mushroom pie (i lie - i can't make pies, im cheating, it's already made, just needs the oven) mash, stuffing and gravy soon. Need to wash plates first though argh i don't like washing up.