Greetings from Poland!

donatello

I have just found this forum and currently live in Warsaw, Poland.

I am not Polish, but an American and my native language is English. It has been somewhat difficult to find good, rich sources of English Language books that I would like to read.

Recently, on a business trip to Singapore, I wandered into the greatest bookstore on Earth. It was called Kinokunaya, and is run by a Japanese concern. I have never seen a better stocked, nor larger bookstore anywhere on Earth. Best of all, it was almost all in English! I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

Here's a link to their site. If you are ever in Singapore, it's a MUST SEE! (The website is nothing special though... :17: )

Hi Donatello and welcome to the forum!

We have a branch of Kinokuniya in Sydney. I've only been there a couple of times but will be going much more frequently in future! It's so well-stocked and great to find books that are usually difficult to find.

On the website for the Sydney store, you're able to look up a book and it will give you a map and exact shelf number of where it can be found in the shop! I tried it out and printed the map off to take to the shop; I found the book in about 5 seconds. I was most impressed! :17:

Welcome to the board Donatello.

On the website for the Sydney store, you're able to look up a book and it will give you a map and exact shelf number of where it can be found in the shop!

Wow! That must be some sized store if they have a map available on their website. :17: Great idea though!

Hi Donatello and welcome :P

We have a branch of Kinokuniya in Sydney. I've only been there a couple of times but will be going much more frequently in future! It's so well-stocked and great to find books that are usually difficult to find.

I went to this shop while in Sydney, it was brilliant ....I nearly asked you at the time if you had been there Kylie :17:

Wow! That must be some sized store if they have a map available on their website. :welcome: Great idea though!

It is fairly big but probably no bigger than Borders or those other huge book stores around the place. It's just very well organised, I think! :006:

• 2 weeks later...