Funny story & Joke Corner

On 1/24/2020 at 9:36 AM, muggle not said:

What did the frog say to the book?

I really goofed up with my joke by using "one" wrong word. The correct words in the joke are:

What did the frog say "about" the book

On 1/25/2020 at 12:27 PM, woolf woolf said:

@muggle not so, when I hear a frog reditt reditt, does it mean I'm near a bookstore? :coolsnow:

So, with the correct telling of the joke it would not necessarily mean that you are near a bookstore when you hear the frog say reddit, reddit. :)

What's the difference between a cat and a comma?

btw, this joke and the previous joke I copied from a book, Small Spaces, by Katherine Arden. Arden is the author of the great "Winternight"  Trilogy that was probably the best books that I read last year. 

On 27/01/2020 at 4:41 PM, muggle not said:

What's the difference between a cat and a comma?

btw, this joke and the previous joke I copied from a book, Small Spaces, by Katherine Arden. Arden is the author of the great "Winternight"  Trilogy that was probably the best books that I read last year. 

I love the Winternight trilogy! I've never heard of Small Spaces though, I'll have to look it up.

What is the difference between a cat and a comma?

19 hours ago, Hayley said:

I love the Winternight trilogy! I've never heard of Small Spaces though, I'll have to look it up.

What is the difference between a cat and a comma?

A comma, is a pause at the end of a clause.

But a cat, has claws at the ends of its paws..

Small Spaces is a book for middle age children. I still enjoyed it though. :) But, not near as much as the Winternight Trilogy.

On 01/02/2020 at 4:03 PM, muggle not said:

A comma, is a pause at the end of a clause.

But a cat, has claws at the ends of its paws..

Small Spaces is a book for middle age children. I still enjoyed it though. :) But, not near as much as the Winternight Trilogy.

:giggle2: I like that one!

I was actually just about to start a thread asking for middle grade recommendations, so I’ll add small spaces to the list! (Although it does actually sound quite scary!)

Small Spaces is a bit scary but the main characters are fun to learn about as they come together as a trio....Ollie, Coco, and Brian. Arden has another book, Dead Voices,  that takes up where Small Spaces ends and features the same trio of  youngsters. Small Spaces had the first chapter of Dead Voices at the endo of the book and I read it and enjoyed it. At some point I will also read the whole book.

Dead Voices:

Having survived sinister scarecrows and the malevolent smiling man in Small Spaces, newly minted best friends Ollie, Coco, and Brian are ready to spend a relaxing winter break skiing together with their parents at Mount Hemlock Resort. But when a snowstorm sets in, causing the power to flicker out and the cold to creep closer and closer, the three are forced to settle for hot chocolate and board games by the fire.

On 2/11/2020 at 9:58 PM, muggle not said:

Ok, the last of the 'dumb" jokes. :)

Why did the scarecrow get a promotion?

11 hours ago, muggle not said:

Because he was outstanding in his field.

Get it :)…...out standing in his field :)

• 2 weeks later...