Tess Gerritsen

Guest Anonymous

Are you enjoying it Bethany? :irked:

I AM! It's actually pretty hard to put down.. I'm really, really enjoying it. It's my second Tess read, after "The Surgeon." I'm almost 3/4 of the way through this one.. such a good thriller! :)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded the latest Book Review with Simon Mayo podcast from BBC Radio Five, and noticed that there is a review of 'Keeping The Dead' by Tess Gerritsen. The introduction says that they're talking to the author as well, so for all you Tess Gerritsen fans, this might be worth a listen. Not sure if you can get it outside of the UK, but the website for the show is http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/books/

eta: This podcast will only be available for a week, and will probably disappear after Wednesday 15th April 2009

Edited by chesilbeach

• 7 months later...

yeh i love all of tess gerritsens books im working my way through most of them now im loving every one im hooked... :)

i have the bone garden but i havent actually started reading it yet. i read the first couple of pages and it didnt hook me in straight away like the others did but should i give it another go?

Edited by Michelle
posts merged

• 2 months later...
I read The Bone Garden this year AnniLoo and loved it. I too really liked the going back and forth between time periods and found the subject matter very interesting :readingtwo:.

I'm just about to begin 'The Bone Garden' so glad that it's supposed to be good. I've read a lot of her other books and have always found them to be very good.

The Rizzoli ones are particularly good!

Edited by Melisa

oo just checked i do have life support,:readingtwo: also read another nicci french called beneath the skin which was a very good read, just have to say i tried jilliane hoffman and only read retribution and sad to say had no urge to carry on even though i had the sequel 'last witness' ready to read straight away, luckily i borrowed them i didnt buy them. Anyone else have similar experiences with similar authors to Tess?

I tried a Jilliane Hoffman book as someone had left it behind on holiday and I quite enjoyed it! However the sequel to it was terrible!

I've only recently got into Tess Gerritsen's work. I read In Their Footsteps last year and loved it, although I don't generally read this genre. For Christmas I got Girl Missing, which I've already read and loved too so I bought a couple more of her books: Bloodstream and Call After Midnight. There's also a couple more of her books on my wishlist too but I think I have enough books in my TBR pile :friends0:.

I've also just recently started reading something by Tess Gerritsen : THE MEPHISTO CLUB.

The beginning was appealing, thrilling even, but as the story unfolded, things began to get a little out of hand, and clich

I've also just recently started reading something by Tess Gerritsen : THE MEPHISTO CLUB.

The beginning was appealing, thrilling even, but as the story unfolded, things began to get a little out of hand, and clich

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished The Bone Garden and I thought it was the best book of hers that I've read so far.

Starting Keeping the Dead next so hopefully it will be just as good!

Just finished The Bone Garden and I thought it was the best book of hers that I've read so far.

I read this one last year Melisa and really enjoyed it! I loved the flashbacks in time, learning about Resurrectionists and such. It was so interesting :friends0:.

I read this one last year Melisa and really enjoyed it! I loved the flashbacks in time, learning about Resurrectionists and such. It was so interesting :friends0:.

The flashbacks were so interesting and well written. I was impressed with the research that has obviously gone into the book!

I really enjoyed reading it and am glad that I finally got round to starting it.

I'm going to try and find any books similar about crimes during this particular time!

Has anybody read any of her books?

I picked up The Surgeon today for 40p and liked the look of it from the back cover.

I also picked up a couple of Linda Farstein and one Lisa Gardner, I really do HAVE to stop buying until I can get my (to read* list down, LOL

:D

Tess Gerritsen rocks.......

I tried a Jilliane Hoffman book as someone had left it behind on holiday and I quite enjoyed it! However the sequel to it was terrible!

I borrowed a Jillian Hoffman book and the sequel from a friend. I read the first and decided it was so bad I wouldn't bother with the sequel. I have no recollection of what happened in the book at all, which is a sure sign to me it wasn't great.

I had the chance to meet Tess Gerritsen at a booksigning in Cambridge last year while at uni, I missed my lecture to see her, another girl there had done the same. I realised that when we got talking about how we both felt stupidly nervous queuing up to get our books signed.

I didn't know what to say to her really, I didn't want to sound crazy or say the norm of I love all your books so I just said 'I like your shrunken head' :lol: (made of goats skin/hair tho) that she had brought with her in relation to her book 'Keeping the dead' Twas a good surreal day! :D

Edited by chrysalis_stage

• 1 month later...
Has anybody read any of her books?

I picked up The Surgeon today for 40p and liked the look of it from the back cover.

I also picked up a couple of Linda Farstein and one Lisa Gardner, I really do HAVE to stop buying until I can get my (to read* list down, LOL

:(

I have read almost all of her books, maybe the exception of one or two.. But they are fantastic. The Surgeon is soo good and it's a good start. Once you start reading it you cannot put it down.

I highly enjoy her books.