Tess Gerritsen

Guest Anonymous

Bought most of her books for my girlfriend, she likes what she has read so far of body double. I have read The surgeon, Body double and enjoyed both of them.

Her books are brill. If you've enjoyed these two then check out her website. :D

The Rizolli and Isles series is much better if you read them in order though.:D

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been jumping from book to book without finishing anything recently. Till this weekend :D

I bought Whistleblower on Friday and haven't been able to put it down. I love this woman's style of writing and her stories. They're easy to read without being dumbed down, I get pulled into the characters' stories and I'd rather be curled up on the sofa with one of her books rather than Brad Pitt (OK I might be stretching it there).

I picked up one of her newer books a few months ago, called The Bone Garden, and absolutely loved it, so i ordered a few more from amazon and loved them too and ordered the whole rizzoli series and it's fantastic, i still have a few of the older ones to read but wouldn't hesistate to buy any of her new releases :D

• 3 weeks later...

Count me in a as a fan of Tess Gerritsen. I have read all of the Rizzoli/Isles series and a few stand alone ones, my favourite of which is Gravity. The tension in that novel is superb and really kept me on the edge of my seat.

I was lucky enough to meet Tess at a book signing last year and she was very friendly and informative.

:roll:

I absolutely adore Tess Gerritsen and have quite a few of her books.

So far I have read The Surgeon, The Apprentice, The Sinner, Body Double, Vanish, The Mephisto Club, The Bone Garden, Life Support, Harvest, Bloodstream, Gravity, Whistleblower and Never Say Die.

Personally I'd start with The Surgeon and if she's a writer you'll appreciate, this book will have you hooked and going back for more.

I picked up one of her newer books a few months ago, called The Bone Garden, and absolutely loved it, so i ordered a few more from amazon and loved them too and ordered the whole rizzoli series and it's fantastic, i still have a few of the older ones to read but wouldn't hesistate to buy any of her new releases :P

The Bone Garden turned out to be a really good book - took me a few pages to get into in that Maura Isles is only featured in a very peripheral way but still a really good story.

Gravity is also a really good book - really cranks up the tension without letting up at all.

All in all a great author, i've not read a bad book by her as yet.

I started reading her books early 2004 i think it was, i got my first book free from eve magazine - 'the surgeon' and since then i have been obsessed. The only similar book i had read before this was by Nicci French- land of the living which i loved. But once i tasted tess gerritsen's books i became hungry only for her books. :lol:

To be honest i havent read one of her books in a while it seems, since her latest one came out, cant wait for her new one to come out 'Keeping the dead', im waiting till her book signing in Cambridge to go get it signed.

I even dreamed about it last night but it was a nightmare because i was in the queue in the bookshop and i asked someone taller than me to get the book from the shelf for me, i didnt look at the cover assuming it was the right one, got to the desk spoke to her, and (stupidly i imagined she knew my name) i got the book signed. I went outside beaming :D, got in the car and noticed it wasnt the right book it had a boxer on the front, it was hell! lol :D

I've already read:

The surgeon, the apprentice, the sinner, body double, vanish, the mephisto club, bloodstream, the bone garden, cant remember if ive read life support, i have gravity but i found it hard to get into, i shall retry soon, i keep meaning to get harvest though then that will be all of her thrillers i think.

Great reading, i must start re-reading them :D

oo just checked i do have life support,:lol: also read another nicci french called beneath the skin which was a very good read, just have to say i tried jilliane hoffman and only read retribution and sad to say had no urge to carry on even though i had the sequel 'last witness' ready to read straight away, luckily i borrowed them i didnt buy them. Anyone else have similar experiences with similar authors to Tess?

oo just checked i do have life support,:D also read another nicci french called beneath the skin which was a very good read, just have to say i tried jilliane hoffman and only read retribution and sad to say had no urge to carry on even though i had the sequel 'last witness' ready to read straight away, luckily i borrowed them i didnt buy them. Anyone else have similar experiences with similar authors to Tess?

I've not read any Nicci French, but I have picked up a few of their books and thought I want to give them a try. Not sure my want to get list can take the strain though! :lol:

There are a few other Tess Gerritsens you've not listed; Call After Midnight, Under The Knife, Whistleblower, Never Say Die, Presumed Guilty, In Their Footsteps...and I think there might be a few more, although they're actually classed as 'romantic suspense', not a genre I'd normally go for to be honest, but I've read a couple of them, and they're really good, so might be worth a look.

There are a few other Tess Gerritsens you've not listed; Call After Midnight, Under The Knife, Whistleblower, Never Say Die, Presumed Guilty, In Their Footsteps...and I think there might be a few more, although they're actually classed as 'romantic suspense', not a genre I'd normally go for to be honest, but I've read a couple of them, and they're really good, so might be worth a look.

I've been wondering about trying these, I think you've convinced me! (not that it takes much mind :D)

......... just have to say i tried jilliane hoffman and only read retribution and sad to say had no urge to carry on even though i had the sequel 'last witness' ready to read straight away, luckily i borrowed them i didnt buy them. Anyone else have similar experiences with similar authors to Tess?

I had the same problem with Retribution, I struggled to finish it, haven`t tried any other Jilliane Hoffman books. Also tried Jeffersen Parker after a recommendation, but struggled with the book (can`t remember the title) I will try him again some time because I could have just been in the wrong frame of mind.

which ones did you try?

I've read Whistleblower and Never Say Die, both of which I really enjoyed. For me personally I don't think they're as good as the Isles/Rizzoli series, but they're still very good and well worth a read in my opinion. I'm going to keep an eye out for the others soon too.

• 2 months later...
Life Support - that's the one!

I have now read:

Life Support

oo just checked i do have life support,:lol:

I'm starting "Life Support" today.. It looks like a few of you have read it in the past or own it.. Any opinions or helpful tips as I start going through it? :blush:

I find the "Bone Garden" a very good page turner! I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan of Tess' books I'm saying it because I like her style of crime writing I also like Ian Rankin too

I thought the same, Bone Garden could be made into an interesting film or one off tv adaptation imo.