Tess Gerritsen

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear, I look forward to your views on it deneng, hope you enjoy it as much as many of us here, 'The Surgeon' got me hooked on Gerritsen 'back in the day' :D

I have just finished 'The Surgeon' and now I am hooked. very graphic in places but that works really well for this book. I found it hard to put down and was reading until 2 a.m. today to finish it. I can't wait to get hold of 'The Apprentice' now.:)

I have just finished 'The Surgeon' and now I am hooked. very graphic in places but that works really well for this book. I found it hard to put down and was reading until 2 a.m. today to finish it. I can't wait to get hold of 'The Apprentice' now.:)

Yay :D thats great to hear! I hope you can get hold of a copy asap and enjoy that and the others in the series just as much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've read a few of the books from the Rizzoli & Isles series and absolutely loved them, but I was just wondering if anyone on here had read any of her earlier books - the ones that seem to be classed as Romantic Thrillers/Suspense. I've read mixed reviews on Amazon and was just wondering if anyone on here had read any of them and if so what did you think of them? Are they still worth a read?

I've read a few of the books from the Rizzoli & Isles series and absolutely loved them, but I was just wondering if anyone on here had read any of her earlier books - the ones that seem to be classed as Romantic Thrillers/Suspense. I've read mixed reviews on Amazon and was just wondering if anyone on here had read any of them and if so what did you think of them? Are they still worth a read?

I've read a few, they are okay, still enjoyable, but her proper thrillers are better by far :) Have you read the Bone Garden? It's not part of the series but it's fantastic, as are some of her other stand alone thrillers.

No I haven't read The Bone Garden yet, but I have seen it in my local library quite a few times so I will definitely check it out the next time I visit. Thanks for the advice about her earlier books; I see they're rather cheap on Amazon at the moment so I think I might treat myself to a couple.

Bone Garden is a great read. I really like Tess Gerritsen. She always approaches her stories from a slightly different angle, the Rizzoli and Isles series always seem fresh. It's not just gore for shock's sake and it doesn't have the gallows humour that I prize so highly, but the tales rattle along. When I start a new one of hers I can put it down and do something else, but by the time I get passed the middle I can't stop til it's read.

Keeping the Dead is shaping up to be another good read.

My friend of mine has gotten bored with chick-lit and wanted to try a new genre, so I've recommended Tess Gerritsen.

• 11 months later...

Has anyone read the latest one The Silent Girl I am debating downloading it to my kindle but don't know whether to wait for a bit for the price to drop.

I haven't even read The Killing Place yet! :huh: I've read up to Keeping The Dead but that's it.

• 1 year later...

I really enjoy the Rizzoli & Isles series, though as someone already mentioned, I'm afraid they might be trying to match the TV series. Even so, I can't wait to get hold of the latest three. I just won ebay auctions for them

The scientific thrillers were also very satisfactory. Based on my experience with these two groups of her books, I mistakenly grabbed one or two of the romantic thrillers taking her name as a guarantee for good books. They really made me cringe like few other things ever did.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new here,

I love reading Tess Geritsen Thrillers. I have read some of her early stuff and cringeworthy about somes it up. I find the glamourised Rizzoli and Isles entertaining but very far removed from the book versions of either. They have obviously been made network and ratings friendly.

I hope her next one has the excitement of The Surgeon and The Apprentice as I think it has been lacking in the last few books but I have enjoyed them nonetheless.

• 4 weeks later...

I've finished Ice Cold (British title) now. I found the story so-so, but she does now how to create creepy suspense. Now I'm on to The Silent Girl. So far it's a well-written story in an atmospheric setting.

Has anyone else read her scientific suspense novels?