Ceinwenn's reading challenge

Ceinwenn

Thank you to Chimera for lending this out on a book ring. The Camel Bookmobile by Masha Hamilton is a very good book about Fi, an American woman who moves to Kenya to help run the Camel Bookmobile, which brings donated library books to the distant tribes of Kenyans. I found the book very easy to read & liked that it was written from so many different people's perspectives & it definately made me question how I feel about the real Camel Bookmobile!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know wht you were planning for Canada, but I had a book called Outlander by Gil Adamson give to me for Christmas that I just loved! If you want to borrow it let me know and I will send it to you. I have a few others queueing for it so I will need it back but you are welcome to it.

• 7 months later...

For #78 I read Q&A (AKA Slumdog Millionaire) by Vikas Swarup. I found it to be a very quick paced read & well written. I did find it a little OTT that Ram Mohammed Thomas had had so much happen to him in his short life, but I guess that's the point, isn't it.

If you haven't read this yet (hard to believe that there are many who haven't after all the hype around the movie, lol), I would highly recommend it!

Can't comment on the film, Janet as I haven't seen it. You really do have to suspend disbelief to enjoy this book, or at least that was how I felt, otherwise you spend the whole time going "Yeah right, like that could/would possibly happen!" Once I decided to do that & stop being so jaded about everything I really did enjoy it though.

• 11 months later...