Buying Books

magichater

Play.com is good too sometimes!

Free postage too. Always Waterstones too, and if you have a loyalty card thingy you collect points to spend on books too. Postage is free over

Heres my list;

Amazon as first port of call and for general browsing, then if I have just one book I want to buy off to The Book Depository here the books are cheaper than most anywhere else, postage is free, and it even tells you the price on Amazon so you can compare, sometimes it will be cheaper on Amazon...

Thanks for that link. Now added to my shopping favourites list to compare book prices. I'm sure I have ordered things with them via Amzon before.

I avoid Amazon wherever possible - they are not an ethical company to deal with. Play.com and the aforementioned Book Depository are my preferred choices - or if I know the author, buying direct from them.

Heres my list;

Amazon as first port of call and for general browsing, then if I have just one book I want to buy off to The Book Depository here the books are cheaper than most anywhere else, postage is free, and it even tells you the price on Amazon so you can compare, sometimes it will be cheaper on Amazon...

Hadn`t heard of the Book Depository, thanks for the tip :welcome2:

Edited by Maureen
Fixed quote

I noticed they also have free shipping overseas...for someone like me shipping is often the killer for buying os!

We have recently sent a book to the UK for review and it cost more to send it than the book retails for! go figure, but still that is the price you need to pay sometimes to get soemthing off the ground!

• 2 weeks later...
I avoid Amazon wherever possible - they are not an ethical company to deal with.

Gosh, really? In what way?

I've always used them. I use the link on here to get Michelle a few pennies. The only other company I use online is The Book People.

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered play.com which is even cheaper than my usual favorite site adlibris.com (only for Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark). The only downside is that it might cost me more cause now I'll be able to order book more frequently. I have to try to keep myself in check.

I do love free shipping though... :lol:

I've just registered for greenmetropolis but haven't actually used it yet. I was just wondering - do you have to sell books on it too as I'm trying to build up a collection and would really rather keep them :lol: (I'm thinking of starting to re-read some too) or can you just buy and not sell?