What are your guilty pleasures?

bookwormmum

I was thinking more along the lines of "Po-faced self-appointed guardians of popular taste will tell you you shouldn't enjoy them because they're sexist and racist". The innuendo is the whole point of Carry On films :17:.

I can't help feeling you've got it in for me .....

oh. ..I thought no one liked the movies cos they are a bit..well they are all the same in a slightly different location (like a goosebumps book) racism and sexism is not a big deal, thats how things were back then, we cant change that by telling people to not like the movies. If anything they should be shown regularly to emphasis the point.

as for having it in for you, I dont know you, but if I did have it in for you, you would know, I do not do subtle. when I have something to say it gets said.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh. ..I thought no one liked the movies cos they are a bit..well they are all the same in a slightly different location (like a goosebumps book) racism and sexism is not a big deal, thats how things were back then, we cant change that by telling people to not like the movies. If anything they should be shown regularly to emphasis the point.

as for having it in for you, I dont know you, but if I did have it in for you, you would know, I do not do subtle. when I have something to say it gets said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_Cleo

The Carry on films are great. My favourite is Carry on Screaming. I love the way they lull you into a false sense of security - 'Ah yes I'm above this sort of childish humour,' and then have you laughing at something so childish and silly that you almost feel ashamed of yourself. That is their genius.

I can't help feeling you've got it in for me .....

Ah Roland, it was all so well set up for Beef and he missed it. :17:

My guilty pleasure would be eating chocolate and reading at the same time, preferably Maltesers. Ooh, that's just reminded me that I've bought my first Wispa today! That's not going to last long...

I too love sprouts, but I don't think I would call them a guilty pleasure!

My guilty pleasure would be eating chocolate and reading at the same time, preferably Maltesers. Ooh, that's just reminded me that I've bought my first Wispa today! That's not going to last long...

I too love sprouts, but I don't think I would call them a guilty pleasure!

to be fair the movie is *23* years older than I am, We were not all born early enough to see the carry on movies :P

to be fair the movie is *23* years older than I am, We were not all born early enough to see the carry on movies :P

That's no excuse, they're on TV nearly every week! :17: And now I feel really old...*sniffle*... :D

That's not like beef is it?

That's more like it!

Another of my guilty pleasures: I quite enjoy watching America's Next Top Model and The Amazing Race (although I'm not so embarrassed to say I watch TAR).

salted pretzels or crackers dipped in chocolate mmmmmm and salt n vinegar crip sandwiches mmmmmm :17:

yesterday was an ultimate in guilty pleasures - chipshop battered sausage plus chips smothered in salad cream, followed by a bag of cola bottles whilst watching 3 hours worth of X-Factor..... :P

salted pretzels or crackers dipped in chocolate mmmmmm and salt n vinegar crip sandwiches mmmmmm :17:

yesterday was an ultimate in guilty pleasures - chipshop battered sausage plus chips smothered in salad cream, followed by a bag of cola bottles whilst watching 3 hours worth of X-Factor..... :P

I almost never do it, but potato chips (crisps) with a tuna sandwich. Other than that, I do not keep them in the house. The worst, is that I taught my kids how I learned to eat them in the USA as a schoolboy.

We would actually put them inside the tuna sandwich between the tuna and the roll...

The worst thing I have ever seen is an absolutely appalling habit that I first saw after moving to Central Europe...

The worst imaginable

We vacation in the Mazurian Lakes region every summer, and we often cook for family members up there. I am half-Italian, and have learned how to prepare traditional Italian cuisine. I have been cooking since my childhood.

I wanted to teach my wife's family members how to make a proper pizza. So one summer we packed plenty of real imported Italian flour (It has to be Durhum Semolina), Italian Olive Oil (Extra Virgine), etc. I spared no expense nor took any shortcuts in preparing what I had hoped would be the best pizza of their lives.

Finally it came out of the oven, and without even tasting it, one of my wife's cousins put ketchup all over his first slice.

I am sure that the modern translation of Dante Alighieri's famous quote is thus:

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who put ketchup on pizza"

Another fraso of Dante's came to mind...

Oh creature sciocche quanta ignoranza

:D Donatello, your anecdote made me laugh so hard because I had a very similar incident and can just imagine your face in the second you realised what he was doing...

I was in Mexico once, staying with a mexican family, and they wanted to taste french food. So I decided to prepare french pancakes for them. Now I am no chef and I had never made pancakes before so it was quite a disaster. :17: I made the dough but I couldnt manage to turn it into eadible pancakes... They all came out too thick, or burned, or torn...

And then miracle, I got one right! It probably wasnt that good, but it looked wonderfull and perfect to me... So I gave it to my host father. And what did he do?? Went straight to the hot salsa bottle and sprayed it very generously on the pancake :P

So beware, you might get nasty surprises with french food as well!

my wife's cousins put ketchup all over his first slice

Went straight to the hot salsa bottle and sprayed it very generously on the pancake :17:

I was trained as a chef and the first thing my OH does is put HP sauce all over his food if he can get away with it! :motz:I could understand kids doing something like this but he really should know better lol :P

Being on here when I really should be doing other things !!!! Since i found this forum the housework has started to really pile up !!! Hubby hasn't mentioned it yet but I'm sure he's wondering where the magic washing & ironing fairy has gone !! :17: I only ever intend to grab a quick coffee and pop in for a bit, but...well.... you know how it is.......... :P