What are your guilty pleasures?

bookwormmum

Inspired from a discussion at work as someone admitted they like salad cream & peanut butter sandwiches :D, what are those things that you love, but are somewhat embarrassing, childish or odd??? :irked:

Mine are cheesy 80s/90s pop, dipping pretzels in chocolate and playing hide & seek. :lol:

just thought of another... High School Musical films.

Edited by bookwormmum

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still mash my potatoes with my veg and gravy like I did when I was small :irked: I would never do it if I was out for a meal tho!

I also like to put strawberry jam on sausage rolls - really delicious:smile2:

I really love the series Charmed - childish I know but really entertaining and funny not to mention the georgeous Julian McMahon :lol::D

Edited by Charm
Adding a guilty pleasure!

winding up tele marketers. asking odd questions like "will this get in the way of the chandelier" or " do you do those windows with platinum trim" or if they ask how old the kitchen is "it should be finished in 10 min"

I do that as well - only I tell them that I used to work for their company and that is why I would never buy from them ! I am usually greeted by silence, and no return calls ...

I also like eating chocolate spread from the jar, kids playgrounds and tickling my partner.

:welcome2: I'm so going to say that next time!

you should, I once got a woman on the other end who said "where did you get it mine needs doing" and I said "you work..selling kitchens.." she just laughed and implied that she would not touch the ones she was selling with a barge pole, good times.

I just love snowracers (or anything that you can use to get yourself down a hill in winter). I'm not SO embarrassed about it right now, since my kids are in the right age for them now, and if I take them along, people just tend to think I'm a good mom who plays with her kids.:welcome2: Same goes for snowball fights and snowmen. I don't know what I'll do when the kids get too old for that, though. Wait for grandchildren maybe?:D

I just love snowracers (or anything that you can use to get yourself down a hill in winter). I'm not SO embarrassed about it right now, since my kids are in the right age for them now, and if I take them along, people just tend to think I'm a good mom who plays with her kids.:welcome2: Same goes for snowball fights and snowmen. I don't know what I'll do when the kids get too old for that, though. Wait for grandchildren maybe?:D
start a league! then claim its just for the competition !

I really love the series Charmed - childish I know but really entertaining and funny not to mention the georgeous Julian McMahon :yes::D

I loved Charmed! I still watch the re-runs.... Oh and yes the lovely Cole is always nice to watch. :welcome2:

Maltesers, I can't resist them :D

Yup me neither!

if they ask how old the kitchen is "it should be finished in 10 min"

I love that. My mum thanks window sales people for their concern and reassures them that she has windows and doors.

winding up tele marketers. asking odd questions like "will this get in the way of the chandelier" or " do you do those windows with platinum trim" or if they ask how old the kitchen is "it should be finished in 10 min"

A co-worker told me that a telemarketer rang wanting to sell her a ticket for a wine raffle. She told them she was an alcoholic (not true). He laughed, but then tried to sell her two!

I also like eating chocolate spread

Me too! Nutella, specifically. And, like Judy, I eat it straight out of the jar. I don't like to double-dip, so I use a large soup spoon and heap as much onto it as I can in one go. :D I also like red and purple Skittles and eat every other colour first so I'm left with a little pile of my favourites.

I still get my Mum to buy me those chocolate advent calendars every single Christmas (you know, where you open the window and get a chocolate each day :welcome2:).

Kiddie sweets, anything from the golden days when you could happily skip into the shop a get a "10p mix up" and come out with a bag full !!! I now suddenly feel soooo OLD !!!! I remeber 1/2 pennies !!!! :welcome2: .............white mice, fruit salads, shrimps, cola bottles, jelly bears, sherbet saucers,choco dots, jelly worms, black jacks........... OOOOOooooo the memories are flooding back :D

Coconut mushrooms,mmmmmmmmm,

and I do try to keep them hidden so I don`t have to share! :welcome2:

black jacks!! I remember those, they used to come with..fruit salad's I think they were called? they were both awesome!

I went to a restaurant in Brighton a couple of weeks ago, and at the end of the meal they gave us a plate of these, black jacks & fruit salads, to share. Luckily we still had a bit of room for them! :D

Edited by Michelle
merged

I went to a restaurant in Brighton a couple of weeks ago, and at the end of the meal they gave us a plate of these, black jacks & fruit salads, to share. Luckily we still had a bit of room for them! :welcome2:

you would have to make room, its the law.