Janet

What country are you from?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. What country are you from?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I do end up at the Canadiens, I'm most certainly pulling strings for my baby bro! *laughs*

Oh, that commercial makes me laugh every time! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I am English through and through (I actually don't like that term, but much prefer British). I was born and brought up in the town of Epsom in Surrey and haven't moved far from the area. My parents were both Eastenders and Cockneys - Mum from Dalston and Dad from East Ham.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Born in Germany, living in Germany, but the best month of my life were the semester I spent in England (Portsmouth) :D

That's nice to know! I can only speak English (well, I know bits and pieces of other languages, but being able to count up to 10 and say 'hello' and 'goodbye' isn't very helpful!) but phonetically German is such a great sounding language...

Really? I think languages like italian or french sounds a lot nicer!

Well, I like the sound of those too, and I'm often impressed by how well many non-Brits speak English so fluently (sometimes better than wot we English speak it, like, innit! :D ) but German is particularly appealing to me, it has a certain beauty and power.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was born in Detroit, MI - grew up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania then moved back to Michigan for a few years. Now living in Delaware about 30 minutes from Philadelphia.

My parents are from Dresden, Germany and moved here just before I was born. :D I kind of wish they hadn't, but the grass is always greener I suppose, eh?