• Announcements

• Hayley

Something Wicked This Way Comes...   10/09/2019

The Autumn Supporter Giveaway!       Welcome to the very first of the seasonal BCF supporter giveaways! This month also marks one year since I took on the forum, so I want to say an extra huge thank you to all of you for keeping this place going. I have a little bit more to say about that later but, for now, let's get to the giveaway!     The Autumn Giveaway winner will be getting two Penguin Little Black Classics, The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe and To Be Read At Dusk by Charles Dickens. Both of these little books contain three atmospheric short stories, perfect for autumnal evenings. The winner will also get Mary Shelley tea (a lavender and vanilla black tea) from Rosie Lea Tea's Literary Tea Collection (https://www.rosieleatea.co.uk/collections/literary-tea-collection) and a chocolate skull, to really get that spooky atmosphere .   and...   A special treat for a special month. The winner will choose one of the following recent paperback releases from the independent bookshop Big Green Bookshop:       The Wych Elm by Tana French A House of Ghosts by W.C. Ryan Melmoth by Sarah Perry The Familiars by Stacey Halls  The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White   The winner will be chosen via the usual random selection process in one week. Patreon supporters are entered automatically. If you aren't a patreon supporter but you'd like to join in with this giveaway, you can support here: https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum.   I really hope you're all going to like this introduction to the seasonal giveaways. It's been a lot of fun to put together. Other chocolate skulls may have been harmed during the selection process…     
Janet

Which country are you from?

What country are you from?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What country are you from?

London born and bred. Moved down to West Kent in my teens. After a bit of travelling and living in Bangkok for 8 years, I returned to a quiet village in West Kent.

I was born in Barrow-in-furness, but don't have very pleasant memories of the place. I've lived in Bradford, West Yorkshire, since I was 4! :D

Im from the UK, born in the West Midlands but parents from Yorkshire and Scotland, I have been to uni in Cambridge but my heart is in the North. I plan to visit North Europe as soon as I can. I dont want to settle down anywhere yet, I would love to experience living in many places.

Edited by chrysalis_stage

I'm the third Welsh person to clock in..........but it seems I am the first Welsh person to add a post.

Obviously I'm British too.

And European of course.

Oh my, I'm only the twelfth person to vote in (though I'm not sure if more posted as I've not read all the posts).

At any rate, I wasn't born in America, but it is where I happen to be living (and have been living for the past 13 1/2 years) at the moment ;).

Born and raised American here. Upper midwest US to be a little more specific.

Where were you born, Andaira?

I was born in Germany on an American Army base, then moved to the south, Alabama, in America. Lived there for some time then moved to the north, Massachusetts to be exact.

Englaaaand!

Lowestoft Suffolk. Born in Norfolk but only lived there for three days (Whilst in Hospital) I have lived in Suffolk since then. Although I only live three miles away from my parents I rarely see them nowadays

Obviously we can't cover all the options, so if we've missed your country out then please don't be offended. You have an 'other' option so please tick that and then post your answer in the thread.
Thanks for putting Belgium on the list ....

.. :giggle:

Born and still live in Dublin,Ireland..I also lived in Co.Cavan,Ireland for a year and also lived on the spanish island of Benidorm for a year aswell..