Which country are you from?

Janet

What country are you from?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. What country are you from?

Born in Dartford,same hospital as Michelle actually, went to the same secondary school as Michelle (none of this at the same time though) Lived in Crayford,Dover,Broadstairs,Spain,Gibraltar(where I met Michelle on this Forum) back to Crayford where I am now.

But I'm half Irish, Mum's from Galway. She met Dad when working here in Bexley Hospital.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Annapolis, Maryland, on the east coast of the USA. I was born just outside of Washington, D.C. in Cheverly, Maryland. Lived in the Annapolis area all my life accept for two years in Japan as a child and 2 years in Connecticut as an adult. :)

Maryland_Property.jpg

Edited by Wilde Lily

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
America :welcomebcf:

I do love where I live. There's lots of history in Massachusetts (No matter how long I live here, I will always have to spell check my state name.) I love History.

I'm in the US too, HJordan, but a couple thousand miles west of you, lol. I love New England though, and hopefully will relocate there one day. I can't get enough of the history either! One line of my family tree came to NE very early on (the 1600's) and I love learning about their history and how they came to move west.

I'm in the US too, HJordan, but a couple thousand miles west of you, lol. I love New England though, and hopefully will relocate there one day. I can't get enough of the history either! One line of my family tree came to NE very early on (the 1600's) and I love learning about their history and how they came to move west.

Mine too! The Scottish side of my family came here around that time. I've always loved American history, especially the late 18th century and 19th century. It's almost like a soap opera. Thomas Jefferson's my man. I'm also a very very distant cousin of Abraham Lincoln, which is pretty cool :welcomebcf: I love visiting all the historical sights too, so I don't blame you. Because of this, my favorite city is Boston. I just love the history there.

Mine too! The Scottish side of my family came here around that time. I've always loved American history, especially the late 18th century and 19th century. It's almost like a soap opera. Thomas Jefferson's my man. I'm also a very very distant cousin of Abraham Lincoln, which is pretty cool :irked: I love visiting all the historical sights too, so I don't blame you. Because of this, my favorite city is Boston. I just love the history there.

Boston's one of my favourite cities as well. I just love the feel of it, the atmosphere.

Oh, I'm a city girl, through and through. BF manages to drag me (and I'm being fairly literal!) to his summer place once a summer, but that's about it. And that place is within an easy distance of a town, has electricity and running water and cell phone coverage, and most of all, BF likes to chop wood topless. But that annual weekend is about the extent of nature experiences I'm interested in.

What I meant, deep down, with my statement above, was that the individual feel of Boston is wonderful. Every city has their own feel, their own mood, and I love finding them out. There's cities I adore (like Boston, NY and Chicago in the States), cities I like to visit (like Vegas) and cities I don't feel comfortable in (like Miami). Just because of the atmosphere, their individual world of sounds, smells and moods.

Oh, I'm a city girl, through and through. BF manages to drag me (and I'm being fairly literal!) to his summer place once a summer, but that's about it. And that place is within an easy distance of a town, has electricity and running water and cell phone coverage, and most of all, BF likes to chop wood topless. But that annual weekend is about the extent of nature experiences I'm interested in.

What I meant, deep down, with my statement above, was that the individual feel of Boston is wonderful. Every city has their own feel, their own mood, and I love finding them out. There's cities I adore (like Boston, NY and Chicago in the States), cities I like to visit (like Vegas) and cities I don't feel comfortable in (like Miami). Just because of the atmosphere, their individual world of sounds, smells and moods.

Haha, well that sure is manly of him. The most nature I've ever seen is when I went hiking in Maine. Kind of fun at first, but really boring after a while. I'm not an outdoorsy person.

Oh, I see what you mean. I grew up in the suburbs and the only two cities I've ever been to are Boston and New York. I guess I haven't quite experienced city life like you have. Sorry I didn't cath your true meaning. Cities are more like a fantasy to me than anyhting else. It's my dream to live in a big city some day.

Haha, well that sure is manly of him. The most nature I've ever seen is when I went hiking in Maine. Kind of fun at first, but really boring after a while.

Oh, exactly! I mean... "yay! A tree! And another one! yippee!" not my thing.

And yes, I'm a big fan of BF chopping wood topless. Last year I made a show out of it; I took the lawn chair over, had some refreshments at hand... I was quite enjoying myself! *cracks up*

Oh, I see what you mean. I grew up in the suburbs and the only two cities I've ever been to are Boston and New York. I guess I haven't quite experienced city life like you have. Sorry I didn't cath your true meaning. Cities are more like a fantasy to me than anyhting else. It's my dream to live in a big city some day.

Oh, it's quite alright. I've been lucky enough to be able to travel a lot, in addition to living in several cities. It's a good fantasy to have, for sure!

Oh, exactly! I mean... "yay! A tree! And another one! yippee!" not my thing.

And yes, I'm a big fan of BF chopping wood topless. Last year I made a show out of it; I took the lawn chair over, had some refreshments at hand... I was quite enjoying myself! *cracks up*

Let's not forget the mosquitoes! Yay! ;) Seriously my least favorite part of nature.

Haha, you're a lucky woman. The manliest show I get is the display of scrawny, hairless, man-boys in gym class. Well, I also get the pleasure of seeing my Dad sunbathe every summer *shudders*

Oh, it's quite alright. I've been lucky enough to be able to travel a lot, in addition to living in several cities. It's a good fantasy to have, for sure!

Ah, traveling; another thing I'd like to do. You certainly are living my dream, ii :)

Hjordan I see you're living in New England. I love New England. I can't decide if I quite love it more than California - they're so different! But I was certainly taken with it when I stayed there. It reminds me of home while being an entirely different place.

I love the country however. Near my parents home, about 15 minutes drive, are some small, forest covered mountains beside a 7 mile round sandspit beach - and the last land before America! It's quite beautiful to see the sun set over the sea during the Summer. Sadly, the beach is starting to wash away... but it's still a very beautiful area.

Haha, you're a lucky woman. The manliest show I get is the display of scrawny, hairless, man-boys in gym class. Well, I also get the pleasure of seeing my Dad sunbathe every summer *shudders*

Don't get me started on the time he and some fellow hockey players decided to fix the roof... *mischievous grin* I almost sold tickets.

You certainly are living my dream, ii ;)

I do. I love my life. Of course, I'm heavily medicated, so...