Which country are you from?

Janet

What country are you from?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. What country are you from?

Ahahaha awesome.

Yeah to be fair Kerry is a beautiful county. I've got Rossbeigh Beach 20 minutes one way, Killarney 20 minutes another way, and I'm in a neat little valley near the mountains.

I like the city too though. Civilisation is a Good Thing. :lol:

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only Irish peeps I've ever met online are Northern Irish people

My best friend back home is Northern Irish, her mum and all her mum's side of the family are from Belfast :lol: She speaks with an Irish accent, but not as strong as it's been toned down from living in England much of her life but I think it's gorgeous :)

I was born in England, "down south" so my boyfriend says, in the city of Bath, then when we had been together for a while I moved up north to be with him in his home town of Lincoln

I live near Bath - it's a lovely city. :lol: So is Lincoln, although I always think of it as being East rather than North!

My best friend back home is Northern Irish, her mum and all her mum's side of the family are from Belfast :lol: She speaks with an Irish accent, but not as strong as it's been toned down from living in England much of her life but I think it's gorgeous :)

Well the Northern Irish accent is verrrrry different to the general Republic accents, although they vary a bit too, from east to west, east being the lovely Dublin accent which I adore, and West being my area, and a terrible, terrible farmers accent. Its baaaad lol. Fortunately, I have a semi-English accent and don't sound like I'm from the West.

Northern Irish accents are nice, but to me they sound like just a variation of Scottish, and I prefer Scottish.

Having said that, I like ANY accent that doesn't sound like its from west Ireland =P East of Ireland, North of Ireland, England, Scotland etc. And Scandinavian accents! ... Don't ask.

Northern Irish accents are nice, but to me they sound like just a variation of Scottish, and I prefer Scottish.

Me too. I hate the norn iron accent! lol Its so harsh.. I cringe everytime I hear a NI accent on a tv or radio programme, it just doesnt sound nice at all. We do have a lot of different dialects up here too and we are from the north of the north so we sound a bit more countryfied and softer, but I have to agree with ya, I'd rather have Scottish than ours.

Ah I don't dislike it, I had a friend years ago from Belfast and I loved his accent. I think the reason I prefer the scottish is because its more distinct from Irish accents than the Northern accents. Like I love other Irish accents (dublin and so on) but they're still Irish, so I prefer Scottish. Scottish IS my favourite accent. I have a serious thing about Scottish men XD I adore the actor John Hannah hahaha. :D

Sliding Doors!

I love the way some Scots say 'James' :D Its like 'Jay-ems' - two syllables rather than one. Some Northerners here do it too. My Belfast friend was called James. I used to mimic his accent lol.