Which country are you from?

Janet

What country are you from?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. What country are you from?

Oooh hockey players, nice!! ;)

I know what you mean about mosquitoes, HJordan. They too are my least fave part, and we have a ton of them in the upper midwest lake country here. There's even a joke that the mosquito is our state bird, and that's not far off let me tell you!

I would move to NE in a heartbeat though. Last time I was out there we stayed in a lovely little town called Franconia, NH and had the best breakfast in the town next door, Sugar Hill. We even went to the home of Robert Frost and had a fun little tour. He lived there just a short time, but it was so neat to be standing in the same place he once was.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me started on the time he and some fellow hockey players decided to fix the roof... *mischievous grin* I almost sold tickets.

I certainly would've bought one, haha.

I do. I love my life. Of course, I'm heavily medicated, so...

Ah, so that's why... (I kid, I kid) We certainly are a heavily medicated generation. But it's good to enjoy life. You've only got one of 'em, after all.

Oooh hockey players, nice!! :lol:

I know what you mean about mosquitoes, HJordan. They too are my least fave part, and we have a ton of them in the upper midwest lake country here. There's even a joke that the mosquito is our state bird, and that's not far off let me tell you!

I would move to NE in a heartbeat though. Last time I was out there we stayed in a lovely little town called Franconia, NH and had the best breakfast in the town next door, Sugar Hill. We even went to the home of Robert Frost and had a fun little tour. He lived there just a short time, but it was so neat to be standing in the same place he once was.

Well, thanks for the info. I now know to stay far away from the upper midwest, haha :roll: I love NH! My parents used to take me to Maine every summer, and we would spend a lot of our time in NH. It was great going into town during July 4th to see the fireworks. And I loved going to the ocean there. We never saw Robert Frost's home, though. You'd think we would've since my mom is a book lover, too. Now I feel like asking the 'rents if we can go back up there one last time, haha.

I certainly would've bought one, haha.

Well, I'm not in business school for nothing, I can spot a profitable market miles away! *cracks up*

Ah, so that's why... (I kid, I kid) We certainly are a heavily medicated generation. But it's good to enjoy life. You've only got one of 'em, after all.

Migrane. 'Nuff said. *smiles*

I'm proud to say... I come from the land down under..(dun dun) where women go and men plunder (dun dun) can you hear, can you hear the thunder? (dun dun) you better run, you better take cover!

Well, I don't really, we moved here a couple of years ago. I was born in the Philippines.

I can definitely see you being a business woman, haha. You seem like you'd be a tough negotiator.

Aww, thank you! And not really, I just tend to confuse them by mixing three languages in one. *laughs* There's also a rather good example of me having been in the business school for too long, but as we're already way off-topic, I'll post that in my wonderful Off-Topic Thread (it's in the Members' Section)...

To get back to the topic, for now at least I live in Finland. Semi-officially, anyways. *laughs*

Ouch D:

Pretty much what I said.

I'm from England. I was born and raised in Cornwall by the seaside, but moved to Leicester to go to uni and ended up staying here :)

Which part of Cornwall are you from Kimmy?

• 1 month later...
We used to go on holiday to Hayling Island! :)

The last time I was there must have been about 15 years ago. Love the place.

Isn't it also the birthplace of windsurfing?

It is indeed, our one claim to fame. Most of the time when I tell people I'm from Hayling they look at me blankly and go "huh, where?". Even a few people from Portsmouth are like that, and they can see us across the water!

I can't see that we'd be all that exciting to visit. There's a sometimes-sandy beach and a falling-apart funfair, and that really is about it. Did you stay in a caravan or hotel/B&B?

It is indeed, our one claim to fame. Most of the time when I tell people I'm from Hayling they look at me blankly and go "huh, where?". Even a few people from Portsmouth are like that, and they can see us across the water!

Did you stay in a caravan or hotel/B&B?

We stayed in chalets at a holiday camp place. I was very young then - so it's a long time ago (:blush:). The name 'Silver Sands' is nudging my sub conscious!

My memories are very happy thinking about your little island - so thanks for bringing a good vibe to my week! :lol: