Inver

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I keep forgetting to dash in here and mention the day's Google page when it has been a good one.

Today celebrate's thebirthday of Roger Hargreave's, the creator of the Mister men and Little Misses series. Google is swapping between different characters.

I know I love it every time I go onto google I see a different one including my favourite Mr Tickle :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sheesh! It looks kinda freaky to me! Not a fan of that style at all, so I'll be avoiding Google for the rest of the day, I'm afraid!

I like the freaky-deakyness of it, with the juxtaposition of pretty-pretty colours and smiling flowers overlaid by the manic bunny and the sharp-toothed cat. Definitely not a card you'd send to an sick friend or relative. :lol:

• 3 months later...

It's a google birthday cake party today. :5birthday: Gooooooooooooogle

I remember coming across google for the first time, I was using Yahoo searches on a dial up modem and a friend at school said I should give this new search engine called google a try.

Edited by Duncan

And yet they don't seem to have done anything special for it - that amazes me!

ETA: And the reason for that would be that we're wishing Google a BELATED happy birthday - according to Wiki, Google search engine was launched on 15th September 1997. :)

My son was amazed...because it is just a year older than himself. (He lived with it for ever, but it is really young!!)

I find it very strange talking to people who were born after something which seems 'recent' to me happened. I was around 17 or so when google was launched, the idea that someone born since then is already able to talk about it makes me realise how long ago that actually was, I suppose as I get older this will become more and more frequent.

And yet they don't seem to have done anything special for it - that amazes me!

ETA: And the reason for that would be that we're wishing Google a BELATED happy birthday - according to Wiki, Google search engine was launched on 15th September 1997. :)

Hmmm, interesting, I wonder when it became popular, must have been around 2000 that I started using it as my main search engine. Around the time I also used FireFox (or FireBird or whatever it was called then) as my main browser.

• 1 month later...