Show your bookshelf

beef

Many more than the bookshelves I pictured! We have four toilets...but the house originally came with one! Five of us live here (at the moment) so we're not outnumbered... My dad sort of...likes to take things into his own hands. He built the corridor one for us to house our overflowing books (it has 7 shelves about 2m long and goes almost from floor to ceiling) but we still had more than could fit! He put a toilet in the bathroom (they were separate when we moved in), a toilet downstairs and one in the attic (where he did a loft conversion now comprising my sister's room and an en-suite)....

Think it might be time to build another wall worth of bookshelf though!

I love seeing pictures of everyone's bookcases. I personally don't have a proper bookcase. My books are kept all over the place. I have a couple of basket stand things in the bottom of my wardrobe full of books, I also have piles sitting in the corners of my room, piled up on the desk and in every other single spare space I can find.

Have just realised one of my bookcases is in the picture behind me in my 34-wek bump pic, so here it is (please excuse the headless preggo lass with puffy ankles marring the view!):

picture.php?albumid=8&pictureid=747

Have just realised one of my bookcases is in the picture behind me in my 34-wek bump pic, so here it is (please excuse the headless preggo lass with puffy ankles marring the view!):

picture.php?albumid=8&pictureid=747

you are excused, on the fact your at least not 12!

In the toilet you get your Readers' Digest, newspapers and ocassionally other books... And this one is built into our downstairs corridor, courtesy of my father.

Love the fact that a 'Gone with the Wind' book is supposedly in the toilet....lol:lol:

Nice, Beef (although the untidiness would drive me nuts! :)). How do you sort your books? I notice the Harry Potters are all over the place. Is that how you sort - just wherever they land? :jump:

I have a mainly non-fiction understairs bookcase (with a few 'soon to read' novels double stacked in the gap next to the phone) and one in the lounge (with my 'long-term to read' books on the bottom shelf.

I'm lovin' the understair storage, Janet! I love creative uses of space. Unfortunately my understair space is not good for that.

You look beautiful, Kell :D

I'll post my pics in a week or so. I just moved my bed into my library temporarily so I can't take pics just now.

No doubt Kell will add a little 'pink' or 'blue' bookshelf to Tadpole's room once here :jump:

Nope - it'll be a stripped pine one - possibly with Winnie the Pooh decals on it. :) We haven't got it yet - all Tad's books are on the sofa in the nursery at the moment...

Aww, thank you!

Nice, Beef (although the untidiness would drive me nuts! :)). How do you sort your books? I notice the Harry Potters are all over the place. Is that how you sort - just wherever they land? :jump:

I'm lovin' the understair storage, Janet! I love creative uses of space. Unfortunately my understair space is not good for that.

I'll post my pics in a week or so. I just moved my bed into my library temporarily so I can't take pics just now.

...sort you say..

I keep my computer books together..and the rest just live where they want, it makes it more fun to pick the next book that way (my next book method is to stand infront of one of my bookshelf's close my eyes and wave my fingers till it lands on a new book)

Aw Kell you look lovely :D

Everyone, please excuse the planks of wood beside the book shelf, we are doing work on the flat at the moment, here is it though, my bookshelf :)

Photo-0001.jpg

Janet, you are correct, we do need another shelf - we are running out room and yes, it is a Dark Side of The Moon flag behind the shelf, I am a big of Pink Floyd, we keep meaning to move it and never do.

Karen, well spotted :D