Show your bookshelf

beef

Nearly all of my bookshelves have now been taken down in preparation for work on the house.  All my books are in boxes and it's impossible to know where anything is! :(  Seriously hoping everything will be back before Christmas, but I can see this going on into next year knowing how much work is needed.  :wacko:  Now relying on the coffee table, Kindle and library for books at the moment.

Oh, that must be horrible! You have my deepest sympathies  :empathy:  :empathy:  :empathy:

Right, I've taken some pics of most of them. They're displaying in no particular order so...

Thank you for posting pictures! You have a lot of titles there :D What I really like about the shelves is that... there's also room for more books :D 

Thank you for posting pictures! You have a lot of titles there :D What I really like about the shelves is that... there's also room for more books :D

Yes, its a rare position for me to be in! And only since I bought the 6 footer the biogs are in, a couple of months ago. Up to then, I constantly ran out of space. And consequently every time I visit a bookshop I got the "where are you going to PUT THEM? speech. :giggle2: But not at the moment... ;) 

Oh, that must be horrible! You have my deepest sympathies  :empathy:  :empathy:  :empathy:

Thank you, although actually, I'm really not that bothered.  I tend to only focus on the books on my TBR and I'm not a big re-reader, so I don't miss them not being accessible.  In fact, I only want it sorted out so that I can get the house back in order.  Plus, a lot of them will probably end up going to the charity shop rather than back on a bookshelf, but I haven't had chance to sort them before OH had boxed them all up. :giggle2:

• 4 weeks later...

I have to be honest and say there's a bit of the old green eyed monster going on over here at the sight of all these bookshelves you lot have.  My poor old books are stacked up in piles all over the place - on my desk, under the desk, in cupboards, on the floor, under the bed and in crates stacked up on top of each other.  It is a bit of a nightmare if I'm looking for a particular book because there's absolutely no telling where it actually is, so although I have hundreds of unread books I'm limited to which ones I can read depending on which ones I can easily get my hands on.  I really do need to try and do something about this... just not quite sure where to start.

I have to be honest and say there's a bit of the old green eyed monster going on over here at the sight of all these bookshelves you lot have.  My poor old books are stacked up in piles all over the place - on my desk, under the desk, in cupboards, on the floor, under the bed and in crates stacked up on top of each other.  It is a bit of a nightmare if I'm looking for a particular book because there's absolutely no telling where it actually is, so although I have hundreds of unread books I'm limited to which ones I can read depending on which ones I can easily get my hands on.  I really do need to try and do something about this... just not quite sure where to start.

Hire me! Sorting out books sounds a nice way to pass the time! :giggle2:

• 9 months later...

I recently built a "bookshelf" which lets you see what books the Time 100 (2017) are reading based on what books they have tweeted about.

I hope you find it relevant. Would love to hear other ideas you have for bookshelves that would be especially relevant to the Book Club Forum.

You can see a list of some popular bookshelves I have already made here.

On 02/06/2017 at 2:41 AM, yuvals said:

I recently built a "bookshelf" which lets you see what books the Time 100 (2017) are reading based on what books they have tweeted about.

I hope you find it relevant. Would love to hear other ideas you have for bookshelves that would be especially relevant to the Book Club Forum.

You can see a list of some popular bookshelves I have already made here.

Where? No link

21 minutes ago, Flip Martian said:

Where? No link

The link swouldn't work as new members can't post links until they have reached a certain post count, so they have been removed.  I have let yuvals know.  Apologies for not mentioning it here.

6 hours ago, chesilbeach said:

The link swouldn't work as new members can't post links until they have reached a certain post count, so they have been removed.  I have let yuvals know.  Apologies for not mentioning it here.

Aha! Cool, ok. Ta :)