Show your bookshelf

beef

Right two bowls for Chewy :)... :confused: ermm :confused: will you need bowls frankie? :D  :friends0: I want you to be comfy and all that :D

:D Well I suppose I could eat from a bowl, just to show Chewy how it's done... :D We'll have so much learning! :D I hope you don't mind a bit of a mess... I hope there's no carpet on the floor... :giggle2:

PS: I definitely DO want you to come and Chewy can't wait :D Alan says we must take him .. that is Chewy .. on literary walks .. and re-enact doggy scenes .. that is Chewy again .. not us :giggle2: 

:D You guys... :D

.. I am struggling to think of any doggy scenes .. I only came up with the one in Rebecca where .. the new Mrs de Winter takes Jasper for a walk only he bounds off and when she goes searching for him she happens upon Ben .. the local .. weirdo hermit who puts the fear of God in her .. I don't think I want to re-enact that and Chewy says he's not keen either  :D

Oh yes we don't want any local hermits putting the fear of God in your, Alan or Chewy... :o:empathy:

I have a great doggy scene in mind! I think Chewy would like it, too! But I don't know if you've read the book yet, it's on your GR and you haven't rated it, so I suppose it's on your TBR... Well, let's just say it involves chewing (:D) and peeing! :giggle2:

Oh yes I know .. not strictly in the book but it's all the same .. I'll be Elizabeth Bennett playing with the dog whilst Colin Firth Mr Darcy observes us .. admiringly .. from the bathroom window .. where he is *feels faint* .. towelling himself .. dry :blush2: 

Poppyshake, you should definitely start writing fan-fiction! :yes:

:D Well I suppose I could eat from a bowl, just to show Chewy how it's done... :D We'll have so much learning! :D I hope you don't mind a bit of a mess... I hope there's no carpet on the floor... :giggle2:

I'll put newspaper down :giggle2:

I have a great doggy scene in mind! I think Chewy would like it, too! But I don't know if you've read the book yet, it's on your GR and you haven't rated it, so I suppose it's on your TBR... Well, let's just say it involves chewing ( :D) and peeing! :giggle2:

As long as it is Chewy doing the chewing and peeing it's fine :D

Poppyshake, you should definitely start writing fan-fiction! :yes:

I nicked it from Andrew Davies' screenplay :giggle:

Pops

Alan sure has the talent. What pretty bookshelves !  And a pretty cozy room to match .

He did only adapt them Julie .. to fit the space but still .. he IS pretty talented at knowing what will make me happy .. very wise of him I think :D  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just posted this on my bookblog .. it's not a new shelf but it is a new colour :blush2: The shelf is in our bathroom and, I thought, it needed to be painted pink! :D

pinkbookshelf.jpg

That is nice. But, aren't you worried the books might be in danger of getting a bit damp, it being a bathroom?

That is nice. But, aren't you worried the books might be in danger of getting a bit damp, it being a bathroom?

It is a concern (especially as our bathroom is not the warmest of places) but they seem to be fine so far (and have been in there about a year) It's possible they may get a bit wrinkly but .. apart from one I think .. they're all second hand and so .. because I MUST have books in the bathroom .. I'm willing to risk it :D They are packed in tight too which helps keep them smooth :smile: 

I'm sorry I missed your post, Kay.  Your bookshelves look really gorgeous.  :)  :wub:

Thanks Janet :smile: I remember nagging him, in your presence, about those shelves and saying that he would probably never get around to it so I should apologise to him really :blush2: .. though I am too busy hinting about new kitchen units :giggle: (I wonder if I say he'll never get around to building them whether the same charm will work? :D)

• 2 months later...

I finally semi-cleaned my little shelf at school, so I figured I would show it off. It's only a few of my books since I am very limited in space. Also, my movies are in there. The random awkward splitting of my shelf in the middle is because I used my phone's panoramic camera and I must have shaky hands :D

post-10884-0-75845300-1391921686_thumb.jpg

post-10884-0-18983600-1391923153_thumb.jpg

Edited by BSchultz19

Athena, I know your picture post was ages ago but I missed it and wanted to say I love the fact you have a companion cube and a chocobo on your bookshelves, two of my favourites :D . Also my sister collects giant microbes too, I've never met anybody else who has them :smile:

Everybody has really impressive bookshelves, mine now feel very boring! I do have 2 small shelves with all my 'special' books on (either old or signed) that I love, but I might have to think of something to make the others more interesting!

Cool shelves, BSchultz and Paula. :D

Athena, I know your picture post was ages ago but I missed it and wanted to say I love the fact you have a companion cube and a chocobo on your bookshelves, two of my favourites :D . Also my sister collects giant microbes too, I've never met anybody else who has them :smile:

Oh, I missed the giant microbes on your shelves before, Athena! I also have the bookworm microbe. :D They're so cute, aren't they?

This is my bookshelf at the moment but it will change because I have more Hello Kitty Kiss toys coming :)

x

I love your Hello Kitties! They're cute.

x

Oh, I missed the giant microbes on your shelves before, Athena! I also have the bookworm microbe. :D They're so cute, aren't they?

x

They are! :D

• 6 months later...

This constitutes almost my entire unread collection at the moment. Our place is so tiny that all my permanent collection is still in storage till we get a moving date for our new house (please, soon!).

I do have others on my Kindle, but these are the few actual books I have to hand. They're not even on a shelf - they live on the hearth in the living room, as I don't actually even have a bookcase/shelf here. This is why this flat will never feel like a home to me.

post-3572-0-02777200-1411163097_thumb.jpg

Here's my bookcase! :)

attachicon.gifbookcase.jpg

Love it!  Looks beautiful. :D

This constitutes almost my entire unread collection at the moment. Our place is so tiny that all my permanent collection is still in storage till we get a moving date for our new house (please, soon!).

I do have others on my Kindle, but these are the few actual books I have to hand. They're not even on a shelf - they live on the hearth in the living room, as I don't actually even have a bookcase/shelf here. This is why this flat will never feel like a home to me.

attachicon.gif10712568_10154556335755386_3704731958023363470_o.jpg

I know what you mean.  I hope you can get into your house very soon! 

• 5 months later...

I was convinced there's a thread on this forum where people post pictures of their book collection/bookshelves. I've searched for a while, but can't find it anywhere.

If you can point me in the direction of the thread, go ahead and close this one with a link to the existing thread.

For now, I'll just post a picture of my newly arranged book collection here!

My chair and my books.