Show your bookshelf

beef

So gorgeous Kylie .. so neat and tidy and lickable :D I could sit in that armchair all day and just browse :) I love the posters too and the Penguin flask .. which book is featured on that? You need a Penguin cushion or two for your armchair (or is it a sofa?).

You have space .. deliberate space I feel .. on your bookshelves. Has it been filled already or is it waiting for the next consignment? :D

post-5612-0-02916800-1350073199_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought I'd bump this thread up, now that it's a new year and I know some of you guys have had great book hauls on Christmas etc, and maybe you've gone through some re-arranging of shelves...

What do your bookcases look like? Please share the pictures :D

So gorgeous Kylie .. so neat and tidy and lickable :D I could sit in that armchair all day and just browse :) I love the posters too and the Penguin flask .. which book is featured on that? You need a Penguin cushion or two for your armchair (or is it a sofa?).

You have space .. deliberate space I feel .. on your bookshelves. Has it been filled already or is it waiting for the next consignment? :D

Oh my, sorry Poppyshake, I forgot to reply to this!

The Penguin flask features Jack Kerouac's On the Road (quite appropriate, I think). I haven't seen those cushions before! I will have to look out for them here. Even though they would clash with my purple armchair (no room for a lounge), I must have one/some!

I try to keep a couple of spare shelves for future purchases. I'm starting to get more creative with space. :)

What do your bookcases look like? Please share the pictures :D

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ;) I'm hoping to get some news pics as soon as I can find my camera...

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ;) I'm hoping to get some news pics as soon as I can find my camera...

Where have I heard that sentence before...

:giggle2:

My camera is getting really old, I'm not sure if it works anymore and if I can take any pictures with it in the future :( I'll have to get a new one some day. In the meantime, I'm going to sit back and look at pictures of you guys' bookcases :D

Here are some pictures of my book cases as they are at the moment. I'm planning to buy a new book case to replace an older cabinet (and in there to put all my classic books to the front and some chick-lit in the back row). I'll post a picture once that's done! It should look prettier than it is at the moment.

My classic books are mostly on the back rows of this closet and on the top back (unfortunately, would love to show my collection of those to you all). There are also some DVDs on one back row, and some chicklit and contemporary fiction at the top back. Most of the books you can see are non-fiction, chick-lit, contemporary and historical fiction, thrillers and classic literature.

IMG_6293_0.25.jpg

My fiction and fantasy book cases:

IMG_6294_0.25.jpg

My fantasy, thriller, detective book case:

IMG_6296_0.25.jpg

My science-fiction (and a bit of fantasy) book case:

IMG_6297_0.25.jpg

There are only a few books on this book case (mostly information books):

IMG_6292_0.25.jpg

I'm hoping, in a few years, when I live in a new house, that I'll have a bit more space for my books and can line it all up nicely. We'll have to see though, I'm not sure how much space I'll have.

Is The Game of Thrones boxset still in its wrapper?

My boyfriend gifted it to me recently, we haven't gotten around to opening it. I've seen most episodes on TV, he hasn't seen any episodes so soon we'll watch the whole season together :).

EDIT Dawson's Creek is a leftover from my younger years. I haven't watched it in ages, liked it at the time though.

Edited by Athena

I've rearranged my classics, no idea I had so many XD! The books at the top haven't been arranged that nicely, I was on my own and I can hardly reach up there. Anyway, this may be something temporary since I'm hoping to buy a new book case.

IMG_6299_0.25.jpg

EDIT: I actually bought a lot of these literary books at book fairs, for a cheap price. I saw them and thought they might be interesting to read, since I hadn't read a lot of foreign literature before (mostly Dutch).

Edited by Athena

I don't mind at all! :)

They are:

Mark Valentine - The Werewolf Pack

H. P. Lovecraft - The Whisperer in Darkness (Collected Short Stories 1)

H. P. Lovecraft - The Horror at the Museum (Collected Short Stories 2)

Gaston Leroux - Phantom of the Opera

James Malcolm Rymer - Varney, the Vampire

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't read any of them yet! So I can't tell you if they're good or not. I bought most of them for cheap on a book fair.

I've rearranged my classics, no idea I had so many XD! The books at the top haven't been arranged that nicely, I was on my own and I can hardly reach up there. Anyway, this may be something temporary since I'm hoping to buy a new book case.

I can spot a lot of Wordsworth and other similar publications, I have a lot of those, too, but not nearly as much as you do! :D Looking good :friends3:

I just had a new book shelf before Xmas, I am planning to extend it 6 feet to the left but as it stands at the moment I have this:

Nice! :D There's a lot of books there, I could spend hours just looking over the picture. And I really really want to come over and dig in the cardboard box and see what's there :giggle2:

You can see a gallery at: http://www.linux.me.uk/books

Ooooh nice :D I'm having my morning porridge and I'm so going to go over your gallery over breakfast :D By the way, you have a Bill Hicks book! Did you like it? Do you know if he's written something by himself (I think he has but I can't remember at the moment).

Edit: Is the Rik Mayall book any good? I think I got that for a friend on her Birthday but it was years ago. She's a huge fan.

Edit: And how was the Insanity: My Life by Charles Bronson? That's on my wishlist.

Edit: That was a great way to start the day, cheers! :D

Ooooh nice :D I'm having my morning porridge and I'm so going to go over your gallery over breakfast :D By the way, you have a Bill Hicks book! Did you like it? Do you know if he's written something by himself (I think he has but I can't remember at the moment).

Edit: Is the Rik Mayall book any good? I think I got that for a friend on her Birthday but it was years ago. She's a huge fan.

Edit: And how was the Insanity: My Life by Charles Bronson? That's on my wishlist.

Edit: That was a great way to start the day, cheers! :D

The Bill Hicks book is good, I dont remember him writing one of his own, unless it was a written collection of his material.

Rik Mayal book I did not even finish, I think he tried way too hard to be funny rather than tell his story and for me failed on both fronts.

The Bronson book was good, The Bronson film was pretty accurate to his book, a window into madness.

The Bill Hicks book is good, I dont remember him writing one of his own, unless it was a written collection of his material.

Yeah I think the one I'm possibly remembering (or making up) is a collection of his material. But I wouldn't mind reading that.

The Bronson book was good, The Bronson film was pretty accurate to his book, a window into madness.

Okay, I'll definitely look out for both the book and the movie, thanks! :)