What is the Worst Film You Have Ever Seen?

supergran71

For me, there are 2

Moulin Rouge - with Nicole Kidman and ??

but I still like Nicole Kidman

The Deerhunter - with Robert de Niro and Meryl Streep. This put me off both these actors - R.d N forever, but MS coming around to a little.

Anyone else have favourite hates ?

Edited by supergran71

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen King's Sleepwalkers, it was the first time I have ever walked out of the cinema before a film finished.

Dances with the wolves, Kevin Costner in the wilderness, not a pretty sight.

Dude, where's my car? Why?

Rosemary's Baby Didn't her baby look like a teenage mutant ninja turtle? (a baby one of course)

Clive Barker's The Plague I love Clive Barker but this film was just awful, awful!

For me, anything that dosen't have Johnny Depp in it! :blush:

No, seriously, I don't like The Deer Hunter either. I also don't like Twister/Twisted/Hurricane/Eye of the Storm, whatever it's called with that girl from ?"As Good As it Gets" where she chases hurricanes. The Matrix made my head spin, in fact any sci-fi fantasy films rewire my head. I cannot follow them at all.

But that's not to say I hate them. :D

The closer you get, that is a HORRIBLE MOVIE

Underground president

both spring to mind, but I see so many movies I struggle enough keeping track of the good ones never mind the bad ones.

Being John Malkovich is one of my favourite films :blush:

I loved the Matrix but HATED the sequel (part 2) Most sequels are awful.

Erm - saw a pretty dreadful comedy a year or two ago in the cinema, Employee of the month I think it was called.

I'm sure I'll think of some more.

I'm by no means a film buff, but my list would include:

The Cat In The Hat - my daughter "forced" me to watch this a few years back. I know it's a children's film, but it would insult the intelligence of a two year old (my daughter loved it, by the way ...)

The English Patient - must be the slowest film ever. I started watching it, then went on a fortnight's holiday, and when I got back still nothing had happened ...

The Talented Mr Ripley - " a stylish psychological thriller", apparently. I'm afraid it by-passed me - I was bored rigid!

And more or less anything with Robin Williams in - I just can't stand the gurning. Should have stuck to Mork and Mindy :blush:

Edited by Roland Butter

Aw, I love Robin Wiliams. I think he's one of the most naturally funny men I've ever seen (in interviews). Having said that, I particularly enjoy his more serious roles, such as One Hour Photo and Dead Poet's Society (one of my very favourite movies).

The English Patient - must be the slowest film ever. I started watching it, then went on a fortnight's holiday, and when I got back still nothing had happened ...

Ha ha! I love this film.

The Talented Mr Ripley - " a stylish psychological thriller", apparently. I'm afraid it by-passed me - I was bored rigid!

I didn't get this either. . .Any of it whatsoever. :blush:

If I had actually paid to see The House of Mirth (I got to see it free because I worked at the cinema), I might have had to go back to the cinema with a gun and start shooting. That was 140 minutes of my life I'll never get back. :blush:

I would have left the screen but I was jammed in the middle of a row and didn't want to disturb the other viewers who, very strangely, seemed to be enjoying it. Fortunately, there was enough light for me to read by and I had a paperback with me - yes, I actually read during half the film and resented being distracted from my book by that dross!

If I had actually paid to see The House of Mirth (I got to see it free because I worked at the cinema), I might have had to go back to the cinema with a gun and start shooting. That was 140 minutes of my life I'll never get back. :blush:

I would have left the screen but I was jammed in the middle of a row and didn't want to disturb the other viewers who, very strangely, seemed to be enjoying it. Fortunately, there was enough light for me to read by and I had a paperback with me - yes, I actually read during half the film and resented being distracted from my book by that dross!

I loved The House Of Mirth! Both the book and the movie.

The worst film I ever saw was a Finnish movie about one of Finland's most important authors, Aleksis Kivi. It started with two men wondering in the woods as if high on some strange mushrooms and only went worse from there. It's the only movie where I've slept.

And more or less anything with Robin Williams in - I just can't stand the gurning. Should have stuck to Mork and Mindy :blush:

Lucky we're all different. The English Patient is one of my all time favourites (but can see it would probably appeal more to females than males)

And Robin Williams is a hilarious guy. I love him. Did you see Good Morning Vietnam? You may like him in that.

The Cat In The Hat - my daughter "forced" me to watch this a few years back. I know it's a children's film, but it would insult the intelligence of a two year old (my daughter loved it, by the way ...)

I saw that (dragged by my daughter too!) and thought it was terrible too. I think perhaps if I'd taken some hallucinogenic substances beforehand then it might just have been bearable! :)

Chocolat - I hated what they did to the book so much. :)

Recent ones have included Over the Hedge and the awful Wall-E (I know these are kid's films but they were soooo boring!).

Oh, and something with Jon Cusak in it - based on a Nick Hornby novel about a bookstore (I think) which I actually fell asleep towards the end of!