Janet's Reading Through The Decades Challenge **Completed**

Janet

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. :D:hug:

I'm not sure there were any gems that I was unlikely to have read without this challenge - I managed to choose the majority of them from my Wish List. :)

There were a couple I really struggled with though - and would have given up on if it wasn't for this challenge. Notably A Room With A View by E M Forster (which disappointingly I found to be very dull - I'd been looking forward to it), The Enchanted Castle by E Nesbit (ditto - and yet the Railway Children is one of my all-time favourite children's books/films) and the last two of the challenge - The Cruise of the Snark by Jack London and the E E Cummings book, both of which were very dry.

But overall it was an enjoyable experience. :)

I think the one I wouldn't have picked up and did enjoy was Pollyanna by Eleanor Parker (I think Claire might have suggested that one?)

I have just finished my last book for this challenge!

36 books read = 100%

How wonderful Janet! :flowers2:

Did you find any of the books "ahead of their time" ?

How wonderful Janet! :flowers2:

Did you find any of the books "ahead of their time" ?

Thanks. :) It's an interesting question, and one I've been pondering all afternoon, but having thought about it, I don't remember any of them being ahead of their time. :)

Congratulations Janet :D It must feel great to finish a long-term reading challenge :D

Thanks - it really does feel good. :)