Kate Mosse - Labyrinth

Michelle

Great review from Kell here.

Richard and Judy Book Club info here.

I'm just over 200 pages in, and I have to say, it's really drawing me in. I'm getting to know the 2 main characters, and the story is evolving nicely. The size of the book was worrying me, but I think I'm going to enjoy it.

Richard and Jusdy's site sell it for

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l Have you ever felt, like Alice, such an affinity with a place that you seem to know who must have previously lived there and the emotions they enjoyed or endured?

I've felt like this a couple of times - once in York when I was just a kid (I can't remember when exactly but I know Prince Andrew was marrying Fergie that day - LOL!) - i'd never been before nor have I been since, but I remember thinking "I know this place".

Also felt like that in Kendal in the Lake District back in 1992. It was relaly strange. The day we arrived I told my dad there was this little coffee shop round the corner & described it down to a tee. There it was, right where I'd said it would be. There was a book shop next door & I got Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton & The Carpet People by Terry Pratchett, which sparked my obsession with the Discworld!

I'm nearly finished.. and this book is amazing! Thank you Kell!

Kell, did you have a favourite story and character? I just adored Alais, and her story.

Yes, i loved that part of it too. Not saying I didn't like the modern-day Alice bit too, but the historical part of it seemed to ring very clear for me. I dunno, maybe it's because I've been getting very much into historical fiction lately, but I really felt I was there more than I did in the modern-day bits.

• 1 month later...
My mum is currently reading this one and I've asked to borrow it when she's finished.

So. of all those that bought it (at bargain prices I might add :wink: ) what did you think of it? Did it live up to all the hype?

Kat

:catlove:

My Mum is reading it at the moment too, she's said she'll pass it on to me when she's read it.

I've heard it's very good but like Inanna I haven't read any reviews about it, looking forward to the unknown :D

I read it pre-hype too. I'd been tpying with the idea of buying it, but only spotted it AFTER my birthday funds had been spent, so I popped it on my Xmas list. My Grom got it for me & I read it pretty much immediately. Loved it. It's certainly one of y faves this year so far. Of course, after I'd read it, it got put noto Richard & Judy's book club list & the media attention exploded around it.

It's still an excellent read though. :D

• 4 years later...