Kate Mosse - Labyrinth

Michelle

I found great copies of both Labyrinth and Sepulchre in charity shops. They are standing among the rest of the books on my book shelf waiting to be read, I keep skipping over them for some reason, maybe it's their size :unsure:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt realise that it was such a long time ago that I read this book, I like anything to do with archaeology so this book was always going to be a winner, I was worried about the size of the book at first, but once I got into it the pages just flew past.

getting to know the characters is the best bit and learning their stories.

A second read may be on the cards

• 2 months later...

love love love this book! After reading this and then 'Sepulche' I have developed an unhealthy obsession with wanting to visit Carcassone and surrounding areas.

Glad to hear you liked 'Sepulchre' as it's in my bookshelf, also, and just haven't given it a go. Sounds like there are a lot of in this same boat with this book. I might need to give it a try soon!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm confused, is Sepulchre the sequel to the Labyrinth? I haven't read Sepulchre but I assumed they were completely separate? :/

They are separate. They just hapen to take place in the same area in France.

Edited by SueK

Hi- I'm new to this, this is my first comment. I have read both Labyrinth and Sepulchre and they were totally seperate stories. I loved them both. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Labyrinth and Sepulchre at the same time after hearing some great things, I read Labyrinth and thought it was alright but I just didnt get the hype! :huh: Maybe I was missing something?

I havent yet been inspired to read Sepulchre.

• 1 month later...

I bought Labyrinth and Sepulchre at the same time after hearing some great things, I read Labyrinth and thought it was alright but I just didnt get the hype! :huh: Maybe I was missing something?

I havent yet been inspired to read Sepulchre.

I don't think so emylou, there was a lot of hype surrounding Labyrinth and I didn't go for it. It was OK but not great writing.

• 10 months later...

I'm getting into a real "mystery" mood these days as I'm halfway through the final book of the Kathleen McGowan "The Expected One" trilogy.

I spotted brand new copies of both "Labyrinth" and "Sepulcure" yesterday in a charity shop for £2.50 each - and snaffled them! I listened to them both on audio book a few years ago, so I'll enjoy reading them for myself, now.

One of the things I like about these books is the mystery without the buckets of blood! I can accept a murder in the course of a story as a means of increasing tension, but the habit of some authors of soaking the pages of their "mysterys" in gore puts me off - big time.

A nice mysterious mystery is what I look for.

Anyone else planning to read any Kate Mosse books this summer?

• 7 months later...

There's a DVD of the Kate Mosse "Labyrinth" t.v. series out!

Of course, it might not be very accurate as regards following the novel, a lot of "adaptations" aren't.

I'm risking it and getting myself a copy though, as it'll probably be a-g-e-s till it'd come onto Freeview, which is all I watch.  

In the meantime - what a good excuse to refresh ourselves on the book, again. :smile:

I'm not sure if I have read Labyrinth. I know I've read Citadel as that is the most reason one. And I know I definitely read another Kate Mosse book with the kind of cover these one's have but can't remember which one. xD Citadel is quite good :D