Keeping a record of books I've read

Jules2

For some time now, I've thought about keeping a record of the books that I read (if only to remind myself that I do actually finish some of them) so that I can look back at how many I get through in a year, whether my taste in books changes etc. I just can't decide whether to add comments about the books or just use it purely as a list though.

I have so many books waiting to be read that I think it might spur me on to read more and be interesting to look back on in future years.

Does anyone else keep a record of the books they read and if so, what format does it take?

Jules

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mostly just keep my list up to date on here nowadays, although I post my reviews on my reviews blog and I do have a Library Thing as well, which is now hideously out of date.

You naughty people, you don't know what you've done!

I'm now trawling the house for all my books to add to librarything and loving seeing all my precious books displayed on the screen.

I was really thinking of getting a little notebook (yes, call me old-fashioned) but I'm loving the way I can play with my books and see what my own library looks like.

Off to find more books now!

Jules

I love the premise of Library Thing but I'm not very good at updating it!

I've kept a Live Journal of books since Jan 2006 - I started writing mine up in an old-fashioned notebook but I'm very behind on that too.

Finally, I also keep my reading list on here. :D

I use LibraryThing to catalog all the books I actually own, and I keep a list on my blog of those I intend to read but haven't yet.

Once you start with LibraryThing, you can't stop!! :D

Just joined up to Library Thing (great site by the way). You don't realise how many books you have actually read.

I (sadly) don't own all the books i've read, I had to get rid of my little library room when my first child was born. Wish i stored the books instead of giving them away.:D

Another big thumbs-up for LibraryThing here. I'm also on GoodReads and I keep a spreadsheet listing details of all my books, plus another one noting which books I've read each year. Why do I keep the same details in so many places? No idea!

I just use my blog on this forum here.

I've never used Librarything. I don't think I could be bothered entering all my books. I used to use a couple of the bookish apps on facebook but I never kept them up to date, and I hardly ever go on facebook these days anyway.

I've never used Librarything. I don't think I could be bothered entering all my books. I used to use a couple of the bookish apps on facebook but I never kept them up to date, and I hardly ever go on facebook these days anyway.

You've just reminded me that Facebook is another place I update regularly!

I'm also a member of Library Thin now :D

That's really a great page - great idea that one can see who else has read the same books and that one can bookmark interesting libraries:bookworm:

My name there is phoenixs (had to add the 's' because the other version was already chosen by someone else)