Greetings from Hamburg

phoenix

I am really impressed by the number of people welcoming me on this forum.:D

@Susanne

Rendsburg is about 100km north of Hamburg. How did you daughther like it? I hope they made some nice day trips and had some good whether to go to the sea side.

I am definitely considering spending my next England holiday further north. I have already read so many nice things abouth the areas you mentioned and am being told again and again how friendly the poeple in the north are. But as I have just returned from Canterbury and London last month I'm afraid that some time will pass until my next holiday.

@Roland Butter

It's always nice to see how many poeple have connection to my home town. Have you evey been here or in Germany in general?

Much to my shame, Phoenix, I've only ever been to Germany once, and I was only about three years old then! I can remember (or maybe I just picked the idea up from photographs) being on a "beach" of thick black mud, which I imagine was the banks of the Elbe. But I really would like to go back some time soon.

And take my advice - next time you come to England, you really don't want to bother about going up North. There's really not anything worth going there for - it's much, much nicer down South:tong:

OK - I think I know what's going to happen now, so I'm off:lol:

@ Roland

I really love the South of England - this is why I always return there for vacation - but I think the North should also get a chance :D

What part of South England do you go to?