Greetings from Hamburg

phoenix

Hello!

I did a google search today in order to find an English book forum and here I am. I already read some of the threads here - it really seems to be a great forum and I'm happy I found it.

I am 30 years old and live in Hamburg, Germany. I like reading books in German and English - prefarably classics, crime fiction and fantasy.

I have quite a lot of books at home and started to give at least those away I did not like at all as I do not know anymore where to leave all those books. I haven't been really successful in reducing the number of books though as I just cannot pass a flee market or a bookshop without having a look at what they offer.

Also, I mainly give my books to a second hand book market - you can either get paid for the books there or chose books to take home - not only for the price they would pay you but for twice the price... I guess you know which option I usually chose.icon10.gif

I look forward to joining your discussions.

Regards,

phoenix

@madcow

The huge C&A store got renovated some time ago and is even nicer now. You should think of coming back :D

@Susanne

Thanks for the nice welcome. I've been to Muenster once for 2 days and really liked it. I don't know Morecambe though as I haven't been to that part of England yet (East Anglia being the northernmost region in England I have been to).

@Susanne

Thanks for the nice welcome. I've been to Muenster once for 2 days and really liked it. I don't know Morecambe though as I haven't been to that part of England yet (East Anglia being the northernmost region in England I have been to).

Well, I can assure you Morecambe is nothing like Muenster but has become home :lol:. Next time you visit England you should consider coming further north. We are just on the doorstep of the magnificent Lake District and not too far from the Scottish border. Northumberland is also beautiful and of course we are only a few stonethrows away from the Yorkshire Dales etc. Never been to Hamburg but my daughter has just been to Rendsburg on a schoolexchange which I believe is not that far away (could be wrong though :D)and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to getting to know you.