A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb

Weave

Title of book: A Certain Slant of Light

Name of Author: Laura Whitcomb

Paperback: 288 pages

ISBN-10: 061858532X

ISBN-13: 978-0618585328

Synopsis:

In the class of her host, a high school English teacher she has been haunting, Helen feels them, for the first time in 130 years, human eyes are looking at her. They belong to a boy, a boy who has not seemed remarkable until now. And Helen terrified, but intrigued and is drawn to him. The fact that he is in a body and she is not, presents this unlikely couple with their first challenge but as the lovers struggle to find a way to be together, they begin to discover the secrets of their former lives and of the young people they come to possess.

41WTSM23DXL_SS500_.jpg

I read about ‘A Certain Slant of Light’ on Amazon and was very intrigued by the story, so I ordered it and I am so glad I did.

‘A Certain Slant of Light’ tells the story of Helen who has been Light for 130 years, she attaches herself to hosts, the living, who are known as the Quick, as you read the story you find out that Helen has had numerous hosts, people who she has helped in some shape or form, they can not heard her or see her but they do feel her influence.

Helen’s world is changed when she realises that she has been seen, a Quick can see her, a boy in the class of her host, a teacher in High School, can see her and so their amazing story begins.

‘A Certain Slant of Light’ is a glorious book, the story is brilliantly written, there is a gorgeous feel to this book, the characters are engrossing especially Helen, a woman who is still haunted by her former life, the fear of drifting from the host and facing the truth of the person she was.

Anyone who reads the book will love the characters, you will experience something very different from most books, you hope that everything works out for them, even after the last page, this book will stay in your head.

A brilliantly written book with a lovely ending. The only downside was, the story was not long enough, I did not want the book to end.

If you get the opportunity, read this book.

Rating: 10/10

• 2 weeks later...

I recently just bought this book and it is amazing, i couldn't put it down.

I love how it is written i cant explain it but its just enchanting =D

and its soo sweet just the whole thing.

oo i have a little question... i have a really bad memory and have lent the book to a friend and i just wondered if helen had a husband?? i can't quite remember =)

thank you in advance if you can help me

XXxxXX

She did have a husband, which she said in the story that she did not love, I think he left before the storm got really bad, leaving Helen and her daughter to cope alone.

I know what you mean about it is hard to explain but it is a lovely story :D

• 2 weeks later...