A new first line of current book

Nici

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There used to be many families like the Ziskinds, families where each person always knew that his life was more than his alone."

The World to Come by Dara Horn

• 4 weeks later...

Before she became the Girl from Nowhere - the One Who Walked In, the First and Last and Only, who lived a thousand years - she was just a little girl in Iowa, named Amy.

The Passage - Justin Cronin

I have read the first chapter of The Book of Flying, and oh my, do I adore it so far! It reminds me of another favorite of mine, The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. That was a book I read once for the poetry, twice for the story, and thrice for the meanings within meanings. This one looks to have very similar re-readable qualities. I am in reading nirvana right now. :D;)

Somehow I posted this in the wrong thread. I apologize. I hope a mod can move it for me.

Edited by Pixie
Posted in wrong place

almost every morning in the summer when she woke and it was light enough to see, Jenny Harman automatically counted the nineteen red roses on the wallpaper between the door and the old wardrobe in the corner.

Lone Pine Five - Malcolm Saville

• 3 weeks later...

In a world where data is coin of the realm, and transmissions are guarded by no better sentinels than man-made codes and corruptible devices, there is no such thing as a secret.

This Alien Shore by C.S. Friedman