A new first line of current book

Nici

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the following pages I shall provide proof that there is a psychological technique which allows us to interpret dreams, and that when this procedure is applied, every dream turns out to be a meaningful psychical formation which can be given an identifiable place in what goes on within us in our waking life.

Sigmund Freud - The Interpretation Of Dreams

(Wish me luck with this one!)

Sounds interesting Lukeazade. Is it a study book, or are you just reading for interest?

I'm just reading it out of interest really, there are a lot of books that aren't novels that I pick up and think this could be really interesting but have never bought them because I've not really felt I could manage to work my way through them, but I've decided to try a few (Herodotus - The Histories being another and i'm intending to buy Da Vinci - Notebooks, A Very Short Introduction to Hegel & Plato's The Symposium on payday). I've always been sort of interested in dreams, probably because mine are so very very odd! :D

I'm just reading it out of interest really, there are a lot of books that aren't novels that I pick up and think this could be really interesting but have never bought them because I've not really felt I could manage to work my way through them, but I've decided to try a few (Herodotus - The Histories being another and i'm intending to buy Da Vinci - Notebooks, A Very Short Introduction to Hegel & Plato's The Symposium on payday). I've always been sort of interested in dreams, probably because mine are so very very odd! :D

I think most of us have odd dreams, or maybe it's just us readers, It sounds like a very interesting read though. I love reading these sorts of books too. There is lot's of history and people I'm interested in as well religious and scientific things, and even some things to do with the natural world, but I don't have much time with the kids. I can only hold small paperback while feeding the baby too for any length of time.

On February 24th, 1815, the lookout at Notre-Dame de la Garde signalled the arrival of the three-master Pharaon, coming from Smyrna, Trieste and Naples.

Alexandre Dumas - The Count Of Monte Cristo

' On a sweltering afternoon in early June, Celia fox stands at the railing of her deck and smokes the second-to-last cigarette she'll allow herself before going to work'.

'Helpless' by Barbara Gowdy (bookring on here)