A new first line of current book

Nici

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were angels in the glass, two four six many of them, each one shuffling to his place in line like an alderman at the Lord Mayor's show.

The Solitudes by John Crowley

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Until his sister's death, Mark Nolan had treated his niece Holly with the usual offhand affection of a bachelor uncle.

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas

One afternoon in mid march, when the green-white snowdrops had blown ragged under the tangled hawthorn hedges, the pale constellations of primroses had ceased to be a novelty, and the more robust, sun-reflecting daffodils were in their heyday, an old half-timbered Traveller van drove into the village of Great Calne.

- Mr Golightly's Holiday by Salley Vickers

Auraya stepped over a fallen log, taking care that no crinkle of crushed leaves or snapping of twigs betrayed her presence.

Priestess of the White - Trudi Canavan

Edited by Eliza1

when I first came to Brisbane in the year 1911,I wrote fen to my sister Zhenya Trofimova,as I had not done durning my escape or while Survarov and I were surviving in Shanghai

The people' Train

Tom keneally

Once, the mountains held within their silvered walls a forest so high and so gracefully forgotten that it rode above the troubles of the world as easily as the blinding white clouds that sometimes catch on jagged peaks and musically unfurl.

Swan Lake by Mark Helprin

SQUIRE TRELAWNEY, Dr. Livesey, and the rest of these gentlemen having asked me to write down the whole particulars about Treasure Island, from the beginning to the end, keeping nothing back but the bearings of the island, and that only because there is still treasure not yet lifted, I take up my pen in the year of grace 17__ and go back to the time when my father kept the Admiral Benbow inn and the brown old seaman with the sabre cut first took up his lodging under our roof.

Treasure Island, by Robert Louis Stevenson