Minette Walters

ChrisJ

I've read only the older ones but they sure are good! All of them, I'd say.

The Dark Room was especially good along with The Sculptress. The Ice House, The Breaker and The Scold's Bridle are also good. Come to think of it, I've also read The Tinder Box but that one I didn't like, mostly because it was so short and it didn't have the chance to develop because of it.

The series made of Minette Walters novels are worth a watch! Along with Lynda LaPlante's Trial and Retribution they are the best British crime series I've ever seen!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I love Minette Walters style of writing, I also enjoy some of her short stories, especially the true stories. It would be better if she had a profile on the main charactors so that we can really get into the story, however it's a departure of her style of writing so maybe that's what reflects on the difference.

I've yet to read Disordered minds and Chameleon's Shadow. As soon as I finish the current books I have!

Batty

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not generally a fan of this genre but I read The Shape Of Snakes for one of my uni modules and I surprisingly really enjoyed it.

I got The Chameleon's Shadow in a double pack with it, but I'm not sure if I'll read that.

I also bought Acid Row which I hope to read in the near future :smile2:.

• 3 years later...

I started reading Disordered Minds by Minette Walters last night. I've had it on my TBR for a few years and I've never picked it up to read before this, for some odd reason. I used to love her novels when I was a teenager, but after reading The Tinder Box (which I didn't like), I kinda gave up on her/forgot about her. I wonder if she's still writing books? (off to wiki)

Hm, it seems that The Chameleon's Shadow is her latest novel (2007) and a new novella by her is going to be released this year (if it hasn't been released already), called A Dreadful Murder.

I wonder what Walters has been up to after 2007. :shrug:

I started reading Disordered Minds by Minette Walters last night. I've had it on my TBR for a few years and I've never picked it up to read before this, for some odd reason. I used to love her novels when I was a teenager, but after reading The Tinder Box (which I didn't like), I kinda gave up on her/forgot about her. I wonder if she's still writing books? (off to wiki)

you know, I believe I have this one on my shelf.  I did read Fox Evil, which I enjoyed, so I'll be interested in reading how you like/didn't like Disordered Minds :)

• 2 months later...

I just finished The Dark Room, pretty much devoured it. It was a very enjoyable read, but the ending fell a bit flat. I'm not sure if it was the story itself or the way she concluded it. Before that I read The Breaker, my first of hers. Somehow I didn't really care about any of the characters, and the story itself wasn't that satisfactory. But I like her style of writing in it. The "broken up" of separate threads are a bit hadr to get into, but it makes you read all the faster once you do.

But all in all she's no threat to any my usual favourites.