Kathy Reichs

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the box set of the first three books, I haven't read them as yet and have still to watch the show :blush:

But you plan on watching, right? ;)

Are the books set in Montreal at all? If so I wouldn't be surprised if there was french spoken in them. I have 'Deja Dead' up on my shelf ready to be read next and I can't wait!

Are the books set in Montreal at all? If so I wouldn't be surprised if there was french spoken in them. I have 'Deja Dead' up on my shelf ready to be read next and I can't wait!

They are mostly set in Montreal...I really don't think there is much similarity between the books and show (which I have yet to see but must get round to)

I'm planning to watch, all of my friends watch it, so I am going to catch up at some point :)

I'm planning to watch, all of my friends watch it, so I am going to catch up at some point :)

Yay! Booth and Bones need more converts :D.

I know the TV show is nothing like the books, but I'm still looking forward to picturing David B in my head when I start reading! Well in all honesty, I don't really need a reason to picture him in my head... :giggle:

Any French in the books is explained in the narrative and it works in very well. It is not off-putting. Concerning the TV series and the books there is no similarity other than some names. I do not find her character in the series to be very likable. She is portrayed with few social skills and is quick to point out how smart she is to everyone and others don't measure up. The other TV characters are likable. The books are different. She is smart but she has problems like everyone else as she has a daughter, separated from her husband etc. For what it's worth I like most of the books.