Kathy Reichs

Guest Anonymous

I can't connect the books with the programme at all - in my head, the actors don't fit the characters as I've got them in my head when reading the books. I do enjoy the series but I prefer the books - the series seems a lot 'lighter' than the books too.

Yeah me too, they just don't fit right at all, but they suit the programme in a seperate kind of way. That's always the trouble with basing something on a well loved series though :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I think Reichs is much better. Cornwell was ok - up till Trace - then the characters went through menopause and came out the worse for it. :smile2: (Eg Pete Marino) Having said that, I am currently reading Cornwell's Book of the Dead, and it is not too bad.

• 6 months later...

I'd choose Reichs over Cornwell any day.

Just posted my review of CROSS BONES by Kathy Reichs. The beauty of Reichs' novels for me is that they start from real forensic cases and empirical evidence -- the time and effort put into researching the storylines is evident. I really like the characters Tempe and Andrew also - they have a well developed back story...

Booklover Book Reviews

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Loved all of Kathy Reich's stuff so far, the first one I read was Bare Bones. 206 Bones was typically brilliant, my only disappointment was that is just seemed a lot shorter than the rest, anyone else agree?

I like the underlying 'thread' of the books - Temp's relationships and backstory. I like that it is completely (for me, anyway) different from Bones (which I also love - David Boreanez - who wouldn't?? :()

I think another thing I really appreciated about these books is that she knows her stuff, she's not researching for a story but has 'lived' that world of forensic anthropology.

My main 'like' for Kathy Reichs is that she describes the most horrific things in a way that doesn't make it all about gore for gore's sake... won't name other authors I feel do that 'cos am new and don't wanna offend anyone but there are some out there that feel they need to be as graphic as possible and then seem to lose focus on the story itself... that make sense?

:D

Hi all

Loved all of Kathy Reich's stuff so far, the first one I read was Bare Bones. 206 Bones was typically brilliant, my only disappointment was that is just seemed a lot shorter than the rest, anyone else agree?

I like the underlying 'thread' of the books - Temp's relationships and backstory. I like that it is completely (for me, anyway) different from Bones (which I also love - David Boreanez - who wouldn't?? :lol:)

I think another thing I really appreciated about these books is that she knows her stuff, she's not researching for a story but has 'lived' that world of forensic anthropology.

My main 'like' for Kathy Reichs is that she describes the most horrific things in a way that doesn't make it all about gore for gore's sake... won't name other authors I feel do that 'cos am new and don't wanna offend anyone but there are some out there that feel they need to be as graphic as possible and then seem to lose focus on the story itself... that make sense?

:hug:

Hi Wolfsbane! I read my first Kathy Reich book in the summer and really enjoyed it, I have four of her other books on my TBR pile, even though they are not in order. I found them to be good reads and I will most definately reading the rest! I also found that the storys to be complex but good. I actually found her debut novel better that Cornwell's first novel.

CW.

I love her books. I have read them all and in order and haven't been disappointed. I like reading a series after several books are out there though that way if it has a cliff hanger ending I don't have to wait long to read what happens next. :friends0:

I must say though that the show Bones is good. However that being said, I look at it as not having anything to do with the characters from this book. If I did look at them that way then I wouldn't like it as much. I watched it before knowing what it was based on and found that if I keep it separate in my mind I enjoy it more.

• 2 weeks later...

^Oh I have no trouble with that. I see the film of INterview with the Vampire totally different than the Vampire Chronicles, to name just one example. I just thought I didn't care too much for this sorta crime thriller, I have never, but since I love the tv show so much, maybe I'll enjoy the books. Can never hurts to try.

• 5 months later...

I loved her early books, but I feel as if they've tailed off a little in quality, and I'm not sure why... <insert puzzled look here>

I've started to get slightly irritated by the Tempe/Ryan storyline, it seems like one step forward and two back all the time - I feel like giving them both a shake...

Hi all,

I read Bare Bones several years back & loved it. I had trouble putting it down & due to it being attached to my hands between work shifts an old work college borrowed it ... never for it to see the light of day again :lol:. Anyway I picked up Cross Bones not so long ago y in a book sale & the story as a whole I did enjoy, but I found the writing style awkward :). Maybe it was just me, but it seemed very he said she said & didn't quite flow like I had remembered Bare Bones doing. Having looked it up the books were only a couple of years apart ... so should I give Kathy another shot?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've been reading this series but not in order. I've heard the first book has alot of french init is this true as I don't know much french and I don't want to be put of the series?