Kathy Reichs

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anyone read this author?

I picked up Bare Bones today and it looks pretty good, something I'd like, looking at the text on the back cover.

Anyone got an opinion on this one?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tracey, I've read all of her books and have yet to be disappointed. I thoroughly enjoy her stuff.

They have brought out a show in the US called 'Bones' based around her books, featuring the main character (Temperance Brennan) and it was absolutely diabolical. I watched the first couple and gave up on it. Can't believe she sold out to the TV company.

I love Kathy Reichs. If I were you I would not start with Bare Bones though, although it is a book in itself, but is the 6th in a series of books with the same characters. The main character is Tempe Brennan, a forensic anthropologist, who is a sexier, sassier version of Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta.

The books are as follows: - Deja Dead, Death du Jour, Deadly Decisions, Fatal Voyage, Grave Secrets, Bare Bones and Monday Mourning.

You are in for a good time!

Guest Anonymous

Hi Jake, thanks for your opinion.

I picked it up in the charity shop for a quid, and the back cover got me really intrigued.

Do the books have to be read in order, or would I be ok to get them as I find them, do you think?

I saw a small part of the first episode of Bones, ( although I didn't know of kathy Reichs at that time ) and I didn't think much of it either !

I have Monday Mourning on my to read list. Is it the last in a series? Will it matter? Or does it work as a stand-alone story? In short, will I end up throwing it across the room, Trace-stylie? LOL!

I have Monday Mourning on my to read list. Is it the last in a series? Will it matter? Or does it work as a stand-alone story? In short, will I end up throwing it across the room, Trace-stylie? LOL!

Well Kell, as you're not short of a book or two to read,in the meantime, I would advise getting hold of the others first!

Preferably. But if you manage to get Death du Jour before - it should not make a lot of difference.

LOL - of course - I misread the post with the list. I think I must only have been semi-conscious!

Well, once I get it & read it, I'll be only too happy to "spread the joy" - all the books I get through swaps get put back in circulation again when I'm done, so I'm sure it'll do the rounds. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I started Monday Mourning yesterday night, im half way through it and now ive found this thread. By the looks of it ive not done to much damage. But i think i will start from book one now I know what order to read them in, thanks Maureen.:readingtwo: Had no idea Bones had anything to do with Kathy though!