WHS Withdrawing Their Clubcard

Janet

If you're anything like me, you save your WHS Clubcard points up until you have enough to buy a book!

However, WHS are discontinuing their Clubcard and instead customers are asked to register online for their Priviledge Club. In future, they will be sending out coupons by email which you print off and take into the store.

I've received my 'introductory £20' - they come in the form of four "£5 off when you spend £x on certain items".

Current clubcard points can be used up until 29 February after which time, they will expire.

Waterstone's for me from then on, methinks...!

ETA: It appears that this explanation is unclear.

As stated above, points not used will expire. That means that they will cease to exist and therefore you won't be able to use them.

In other words - 'spend' your points by 29 February OR LOSE THEM!

Edited by Janet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
If you're anything like me, you save your WHS Clubcard points up until you have enough to buy a book!

However, WHS are discontinuing their Clubcard and instead customers are asked to register online for their Priviledge Club. In future, they will be sending out coupons by email which you print off and take into the store.

I've received my 'introductory

Another victim of the credit crunch maybe - you feel as you are saving your fiver thanks to their loyalty voucher and they are still getting some money in under the 'get the fiver off when you spend 20'.

They get 15 quid, you get the fiver off - both feel happy...

Perhaps?

I never really quite got my head around the way their old loyalty card worked anyway. I mean how many points did you get per pound?

I think it used to be one, so for every pound you spent you effectively got a penny back. It doesn't sound like much, but back in the days when I was spending the best part of

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just joined and been looking through old threads. This is the first I've heard about the withdrawal of the clubcard. I'm not pleased as I had loads of points on there and had I know they would disappear I would've gone and used them!

It is extremely cheeky and unfair of WH Smiths not to inform their members - it's not like they don' have addresses...

Grr!

I agree. It is a bit of a cheek and I bet you're not the only one who has been caught out.

I didn't have all that much on my card, less than a pound, so I didn't bother too much about it, but I knew in advance through this thread that it was being discontinued so that was my choice. However they should have sent out letters to everyone.

Why don't you send a e-mail or letter to complain.

That's a good idea, but does anyone know if there's a way I can find out exactly how many points I had on my card? I think it would add more weight to my argument if I could say I had x amount on there.