Adverts you like/dislike?

Weave

Thank you Mia! I'm not going mad then?!

Didn't they also sing "You'll never put a better bit of butter on your knife"

That was their slogan, I think! :)

I hate those LV/Liverpool Victoria ads, because I really hate the song that goes with it, that goes "Dum diddy dum diddy dwee dwee dum de dum de dum". I especially can't stand the bit where it goes "dwee dwee". I don't know why, but it sets my teeth on edge.

I also saw a rubbish one tonight, I think it was for a Nissan car (Qashqai?? or something) where buildings were coming to life and bashing it and other cars around. The tagline was something about it having seven seats and more space to play with the city. Play with the city? It looked more like the city was beating the **** out of it. Weird.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The advert with people showed as skin, that creeps me out.

I love the cravendale adverts, they are great!

• 2 weeks later...

No particular likes or dislikes, only that the channel always seems to want to broadcast the advert louder than the programme (I understand because it means you can still hear it in the kitchen when you leave to make a cup of tea)

No particular likes or dislikes, only that the channel always seems to want to broadcast the advert louder than the programme (I understand because it means you can still hear it in the kitchen when you leave to make a cup of tea)

Absolutely infuriating and reminds me that an email complaint must be drafed soon

Isn't it maddening?! It drives me nuts that every time there's a commercial break we have to dive for the TV remote or be deafened!

I dislike all adverts, especially in the middle of films :D get rid of them all I say

I don't mind adverts in between programmes, but in the middle of them drives me nuts. Espeically the latest trend (which I witnessed all through Desperate Housewives) of besically having the, "Previously on..." followed by the title sequence, then immediately follwed by an advert break. What's the point? The programme has been on a total of 3 minutes!!!

I also can't stand it when the news gets shown half-way trhough a film. Programmers know how long the films last, so why not schedule them to start earlier and finish in time for the news, start later and have them on after the news, or - and here's a novel idea - just save the news for after the film has finished anyway? It's got to the point now that if I see a film has the news in the middle of it, I refuse to watch it, even though it tends to happen on the channels that don't have adverts to break things up...

I don't mind adverts in between programmes, but in the middle of them drives me nuts. Espeically the latest trend (which I witnessed all through Desperate Housewives) of besically having the, "Previously on..." followed by the title sequence, then immediately follwed by an advert break. What's the point? The programme has been on a total of 3 minutes!!!

I hate that too, they did the same thing with ER, you are all ready for the story and then there is a break!:D

I ADORE Staples ( Office Supply store ) yearly back-to-school marketing commercials: One had a mom skipping and leaping down the aisle with her two teens moping behind her and the announcer saying, "They're going baaaack!"

It was HILarious!!

I loved the car advert with the nervous Jack russell (VW polo?) and dislike all those Sofa adverts offering yet another sale!!!

Supergran, I kind of like that one... But it also annoys the hell out of me that the woman just sits there and lets her brat misbehave instead of stopping him!

Its only an advert!!

but when I am working in the holiday camps there are lots of mothers who let their kids do what they want and don't seem to care as long as they have a fag and a beer nearby.

Edited by Michelle
merged

I really dislike the advert about compensation, the one with the man who 'used the wrong ladder', he should have known and asked for the right ladder - the fool!

:)

I hate that they've changed the music on the Cadbury Dairymilk adverts now - the gorilla ones used to be Phil collins doing In the Air Tonight(which is excellent) and now it's Bonnie Tyler doing Total Eclips of the Heart (which is rubbish!). Also the one with the racing airport vehicles - it used to be Queen doing Don't Stop Me Now and they've replaced the tune with Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi. Why bother?

I hate that they've changed the music on the Cadbury Dairymilk adverts now - the gorilla ones used to be Phil collins doing In the Air Tonight(which is excellent) and now it's Bonnie Tyler doing Total Eclips of the Heart (which is rubbish!). Also the one with the racing airport vehicles - it used to be Queen doing Don't Stop Me Now and they've replaced the tune with Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi. Why bother?

I know. I thought they were going to do a new advert but changing the music definately doesn't count. When I first saw it I thought the gorilla might have been playing a different instrument or something.

I feel the same way too, I much prefer Phil Collins and Queen playing through the adverts, why change them?, some people eh?:)