Adverts you like/dislike?

Weave

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm lucky enough that we are allowed a radio for some background noise here at work, and while we listen to Absolute radio, which has a no-repeat guarantee for the music, which is great (who wants to listen to the same 10 songs played over and over again all day long) they only have about 5 ads which they play about every 15 mins. The result is that they all get very annoying very quickly. But at the moment, the prize is split between BT sport (annoying background music) and Have I got PPI.com (VERY irritating jingle).

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All of them ! :Tantrum:

Stopped watching anything from the start, I either pause and go off to make a coffee so I can FF through them or record and do the same.

They take sooooooo long now, especially on SKY channels, lose the will to live. 

Just when you think ads are over another 5 minutes of trailers begins!

Did like the Budgie and Cat one though, can't remember what it was for for the life of me.  :huh:

That dog is adorable, the sling doesn't look very comfy though!

Can't stand the ad with the Audrey Hepburn lookalike, she's got such a smug expression, plus it's been around for years, time to give it a rest.  And it obviously doesn't work, as I can't remember what it's for!

I don't like that one either!  Most annoying!  

I have now bought a PVR for the express purpose of recording something so I can whiz through the ads.  It was Fargo that did it.  And the Returned.  So many adverts that whatever tension or emotion is built up is completely dissipated after 5 mins of ads.

• 1 year later...

I know it's a bit of an old thread but I had to resurrect it, because I have a favourite advert at the moment which my head tells me I should hate but I just can't help loving it!  It's the RAC advert with a cute little girl in the back of her dad's car singing along to Proud Mary by Tina Turner.  It's clearly a super imposed mouth and voice of an older child singing, which I normally loathe, but there's something so joyful about this little girl, I can't help smiling! :D 

Can't watch your one Claire, says it's not available in my country :(

23 hours ago, Chrissy said:

@poppy Popsicle, they are lovely! I had to watch both, despite the 'spoiler'! :D

Love the Irish accent ... way nicer than ours!! :blush:

A Piggy Sue sequel ...

the one with the dog with the bad leg is really cute, there's a new one out now, with a golden retriever which ends up being dressed as a lion - the expression on it's face is priceless!