Adverts you like/dislike?

Weave

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting bored of pontsy surreal adverts for expensive scent.

Still just over two weeks to go of these daft offerings which will finally disappear only to be replaced by annoying sales ads.

Watching commercial channels for any length of time at this time of year gets very old, very fast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I absolutely detest those Wonga adverts that very carefully fail to mention the 1000% interest rate.

Also has anyone else noticed that the volume on the TV is much louder on the adverts than on the actual programme you're watching? So much so than in our house, we've started muting the TV when they come on.

Also has anyone else noticed that the volume on the TV is much louder on the adverts than on the actual programme you're watching? So much so than in our house, we've started muting the TV when they come on.

Yes, we tend to either record stuff and fast forward through adverts, or mute the television. There are actually rules in place to determine the maximum amount the broadcasters can increase the volume between the programmes and the adverts.

• 3 weeks later...

I always loved The Journey Continues advertisements by TSB

I despise all Go Compare advertisements even the ones that are attempting to revenge themselves upon the annoying Go Compare opera singer.  If you recognise your advertisment annoys people, get rid of it, don't prolong the pain!

I also hate all those accident claim advertisements and loan advertisements, with their small print on the bottom of the screen indicating that people will be paying back 1250 per cent interest at times.

I love the Aldi one. A little girl sat next to her baby brother. She says, "My brother likes these wipes and he likes these ones and i'd like to change him... for a kitten."

Her brother, who'd been pulling wipes out stops, looks at her, then at the camera and goes, "no!" or a sound like no.

Makes me giggle every time.  :giggle:

• 11 months later...

I find the EE adverts with Kevin Bacon really annoying. Especially the 'no brainer' one- mainly because you would think that stopping charging someone after they cancel their phone contract is a 'no brainer' but orange still managed to try and do that to me for several months

Eric Cantona's advert for Kronenbourg beer has been banned for 'being too French' :doh:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/eric-cantona-kronenbourg-beer-advert-banned-for-being-too-french-9123006.html

Madness :rolleyes:

That is insane! One of the few adverts I enjoyed, because it was so obviously tongue-in-cheek.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That HotelsforU advert is seriously annoying:censored: 

Yes I hate this too! I also think the advert for e-cigarettes (can't remember the brand name), where the strapline for this is something like 'friends don't let friends smoke' is emotional black mail!