Adverts you like/dislike?

Weave

Quite liking the new Lambrini ads, catchy tune (hate the drink though!)

Would that be the one with the excellent "The Snake" by Al Wilson? Hear it ni full HERE. I LOVE that song!

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that be the one with the excellent "The Snake" by Al Wilson? Hear it ni full HERE. I LOVE that song!

A Northern Soul classic there, Kell! Sadly, Al Wilson passed away about three months ago - a much underrated singer. I loved his Searching for the Dolphins and Show and Tell, too.

I like the advert with the babies laughing in it. I think it is for baby milk.

Makes me laugh everytime, especially the baby at the end! :)

That is one of my faves at the moment....love the first baby :)

Softmints from the eighties. The one with Mr Soft.

Oh, me too! I used to have the original version of the song by Steve Harley they used on tape!

Here you go, Sedge - just for you! Mr Soft.

I remember there used to be be one for Johnstons baby powder and I remember sending for a t-shirt cause I loved the cute baby on it...lol. Still like the smell of it too :)

Milky Bar kid chocolate takes me back to my childhood too (singing the song now)

Of course the Andrex puppy is good too.

Oh, me too! I used to have the original version of the song by Steve Harley they used on tape!

Here you go, Sedge - just for you! Mr Soft.

Thanks Kell! I seem to remember that one being shown for years.

I also quite enjoyed the British Gas adverts ("If you see Sid, tell Him.").

I like the mobile phone one where people draw the detailed map - I love the artwork.

Most hated adverts are anything medical especially those that illustrate the problem eg. ear wax, warts,

Does anyone remember the CountryLife butter ad's from way back? There used to be men made from butter that would come to life from the tub and sing and dance like morris men?! Reading that back makes it sound crazy I know, but Im sure it was for real!! :)

I remember that one, Boo! I can even remember the tune and some of the words (clears throat):

"It's Countrylife, it's English too,

From the cows to the dairy from the dairy onto you

It's pure and fresh and creamy through and through

So spread it on your toast in the m-o-r-n-ing!"

Yes, okay, I'm sad and I know it. :)

Most hated adverts are anything medical especially those that illustrate the problem eg. ear wax, warts,

Or that one with the four really annoying women sitting discussing how they are bunged up and can't go to the loo properly!!! And oh I just happen to have the medication for it in my bag.....pu leese :)

Or that one with the four really annoying women sitting discussing how they are bunged up and can't go to the loo properly!!! And oh I just happen to have the medication for it in my bag.....pu leese :)

I hate that advert too, is nothing sacred!!!:)

I always hated those adverts for "feminine products" which showed women wearing white jeans at a time when it's really not advisable, and doing things like jumping out of planes. Oh really? That's EXACTLY the time I feel most like jumping out of a plane - just not with a parachute on! :)

I also deteste those Gaviscon adverts where people burst into song with "What a Feeling" - absolute rubbish!