Adverts you like/dislike?

Weave

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having sat through the adverts recently because i was doing the ironing I have a new hate, The one for finish dishwahing powder, its awful what is a diamond standard washing powder anyway..I think the woman doing the voice over eggs it, dishwahers are not sexy!! and dishwasher tablets really aren't

I just caught the latest Leerdammer advert. Borderline creepy, with naughty elf taking a woodland walk.

They are yet to persuade me to buy the cheese though!

I love this advert although I will admit it still won't persuade me buy the actual cheese either :roll:

Yup - you are correct. There is a complete ban on advertising or promotion of formula as an alternative for breastfeeding for newborns and babies up to the age of six months, which is why they created "follow-on" milk and they all have "when you're ready to move on from breastfeeding..." or "from 6 months old, your baby needs..." - it's to get around the guidelines.

The thing is experts will tell you a healthy child does not require any special type of milk once they are 6 months and over, regular milk will do and for those allergic to cow's milk any average soya milk product will do.

I can't stand seeing all those medicated advertisments especially contradicting ones within 15 minutes of each other. You'll get one for constipation then not long after one for diaorreah. One for insomnia followed by one to combat lethargy. Oh and those stomach bloating complaints. It just might be possible to cure that by eating less or changing when and what you eat but no we must medicate everything:irked: Danone bio-yogurts keep advertising their anti-bloating properties. If I want yogurt I'll chose it by taste not because of these claims.:D

I love the Cravendale adverts

:roll:. And I also adored the bread advert (Hovis, IIRC) where the young boy goes through history. It's lovely :).

I hate any of the compensation adverts and the cash for gold ones. There's one fairly recent ad for a website that will lend you money with the bloke acting out a conversation between two people. The interest rates in the tiny print on the bottom of the screen are unbelievable, I can't believe they get away with it :).

There's a brilliant stand-up routine (though the comedian who performed it doesn't come to mind at the moment) who gave a five-minute long portion over to those adverts hawking medical products to the public. "Tired? We've got something for that. Too alert? We've got something for that. Feeling bloated? We've got something for that. Feeling too thin? We've got something for that. It doesn't matter what you may or may not be suffering from, we've got drugs which will make your life better." The most worrying thing was the fact that the routine wasn't as ludicrous as some of the claims that the actual companies make on their adverts. They really do create drugs on the off chance that there might be a condition which requires that specific drug. If there isn't an existing condition they'll make one up. Seriously... Some companies make me wonder if "medical ethics committees" actually give a damn about ethics.

GO COMPARE!

GO COMPARE!

You can be sure when you insure with Go Compare!

You get the loooow-down so costs can goooo down and you'll

-thank-

-your-

-stars -

that you went to Go Compaaaaaaare!

Yes you'll thank your stars that you went to Go Compare!

:(

Does anyone feel they can trust a bank with their money if they are willing to waste cash on that advert? It's almost as if they are trying to convince people they will throw around their cash - and how much would it have cost them to secure the rights to that song alone? That advert has Epic Fail written all over it.

• 2 weeks later...