Adverts you like/dislike?

Weave

Hello,

We all have them, the adverts we like and the adverts we dislike, what are yours?

At the moment, I like the advert for subway, the talking vegetables appeal to me:lol:

I hate the advert for Daz! - the cleaner close ones:irked:

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are currently two driving me nuts because I hate the tunes they use on them:

One, I think, is for DFS (certainly a furniture place) and uses "Rock Star" by Nickleback (which I hate and am sick to death of hearing). The other is an advert for a new music channel which is using a track called "Kiss with a Fist" - I hate that track and it's being overplayed on the telly. I don't watch much TV, but it seems like every time I turn it on these two adverts are immediately and continually played!

I almost never watch tv now as adverts drive me *nuts* I hate them all. the last advert i would say was "good" was the car one with all the bits falling into place. But generally I avoid adverts like the plague.

I adore the Specsavers ad with the old guy and the sheep - where he shears the dog? It's wonderful and makes me giggle every time.

I hate, loath and despise the ad for Star trek Voyager that's running on Virgin one - I know it's not technically an ad - but it implies that they're lost because a woman is driving???? :blush:

I adore the Specsavers ad with the old guy and the sheep - where he shears the dog? It's wonderful and makes me giggle every time.

I hate, loath and despise the ad for Star trek Voyager that's running on Virgin one - I know it's not technically an ad - but it implies that they're lost because a woman is driving???? B)

yeah, cos that would never happen! :blush:;)

I hate the implication of those baby food ones though. I know breast feeding isn't for everyone and that's fine, but the advert just irritates me.

I can't think of any adverts I particularly like at the moment, but I adore the music for the Lloyds TSB ones - Eliza's Aria, composed by Elena Kats-Chernin.

I hate the Corsa adverts with those nasty little cloth people shouting "C'mon!" all the time! :blush:

Some of my all-time favourites were:

- I adored the one that was set to Venus in Furs by Velvet Underground, with all the bizarre/fantasy images. It was just so beautifully shot.

- the "good taste" advert. The first time I saw this one, it took up an entire commercial break as, when it had finished, a voiceover came on saying, "Did you enjoy that? Would you like to see it again?" and it replayed!

- The old "Godzilla" ads were wonderful!

Um Bongo! - a fabulous fruity drink. I knew all the words to this advert by heart.

- My favourite fruity drink as a kid. And yes, I knew all the worlds to this one too!

- It's too orangy for crows! It's just for me and my dog! Edited by Kell

Jane Fonda advertising rejuvenating creams - what a sell out - she should be ashamed of herself.

There is an current advert for sanitary towels which goes on about 'Happy Periods' - they need to stop, it's patronising garbage and v annoying :blush:

And the one about some vitamin cream that cures your stretch marks which we should be ashamed of, scars etc - lies and damn lies and gives false hope

They have such an impact I can't remember the names.

Bring back the Smash instant potato ads!!

I like the advert with the babies laughing in it. I think it is for baby milk.

Makes me laugh everytime, especially the baby at the end! B)

That advert scares me witless! Am I alone?:blush:

Jane Fonda advertising rejuvenating creams - what a sell out - she should be ashamed of herself.

Oh, you've just reminded me...

I *hate* the Andy McDowell (is that right?) 'deep set wrinkle' adverts. They're not wrinkles - you're frowning as hard as you can, stupid bint! :blush:

I like the one for cadbury twisted cream "eggs". GOO! GOO! GOO-GOO-GOO-GOO!!

I despise the one for mascara that says "filmed with lash inserts", when it is claiming to lengthen your lashes. I hate even more the one that says "enhanced in post-production". I mean, come on! They can create monsters and aliens and spaceships and whole new worlds with CGI these days; you can't believe a thing you see!

I don't like the one for washing powder that shows kids hiding dirt in their clothes. How sad do they think kids are that they'll deliberately go around hiding stains?

Cillit Bang. I'll say n'more.

And finally (well, the last I can think of), the ones for whiter whites. You think it looks white until you put it against a backlit table. If you can't tell then WHY DO YOU BL:censored:DY BOTHER???

:blush:

I also like the one for...I can't remember actually, the one with the plastacine (sp? :s) bunnies B)

That advert scares me witless! Am I alone?;)

yes.

Edited by Kell
Merged multi-posts

:blush: I was joking.B)

Well. Sort of.

;)

*joins you in therapy*

I may not be scared of a baby-food advert, but I sure need it! Don't worry, I've been to this place before. It's very nice. You get to pick your own colour straight-jacket and you get lovely white padded walls.

I also like the one for...I can't remember actually, the one with the plastacine (sp? :s) bunnies :blush:

That one totally wigs me out! B)

I like the one where the little robot gets dirty and slowly turns into a little boy - that one's so sweet! I think it's for Persil or something like that.

A lot of my favourite ones were from yesteryear, as they were for Hamlet cigars and they're not allowed to advertise them now. But they were always very funny.

There aren't many ones I like now. I like the witty ones.

I like the Revels "Russian roulette" one where the guy falls to the floor in disgust and the other guy says "Coffee!" 'cos that's how I feel about the coffee one.

I also liked the ones for the car (er... the Toyota Yaris?) where the people got their revenge when their friend/boyfriend didn't respect the car enough. There was one where the boyfriend kicked the door shut, so the girl crashed his model plane. The other one was where one guy loosened a rope so his mate fell in the mud because he put his feet up on the dashboard in his car!

Most other adverts I hate! Especially the C'mon! one for the car, the Muller "Lick the Lid of Life" ones, any sofa ones, the Halifax ones and the ones with annoying songs that stick in your head (like the "Ladybugs' Picnic" one). Plus, all the L'Oreal, Garnier, Nivea etc etc ones drive me nuts. :blush:

I hate the Halifax adverts where they get their members of staff to sing stupid songs. That Howard guy needs to be shot - he's the most annoying of the lot and he shows up inevery single flippin' one of them!

That's because he was first! I heard him being interviewed last year on Steve Wright's show. He really works for Halifax - they held auditions for a real staff member to appear in their adverts, he auditioned - and won!

There is one over here for Orbit Gum that supposedly cleans a dirty mouth. :blush:

The advert shows an attractive young woman tearing a red convertible to pieces with her mouth, the convertible top and the tires at least. Bleech. I have disliked all their commercials though, all are icky.

Each ad ends with a blond girl in a white mini skirt, looking rather like a 1960's go-go dancer running on about how Orbit cleans a dirty mouth.