Adverts you like/dislike?

Weave

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because he was first! I heard him being interviewed last year on Steve Wright's show. He really works for Halifax - they held auditions for a real staff member to appear in their adverts, he auditioned - and won!

I know - I just feel sorry for the rest of us who have to see him on the telly all the time! He won the audition for the FIRST advert - why does he have to be in every single one of them since then too??? Can't stand the man!

Wow! Those birds' feet are MASSIVE! Very cute ad though.

Edited by Kell

I know - I just feel sorry for the rest of us who have to see him on the telly all the time! He won the audition for the FIRST advert - why does he have to be in every single one of them since then too??? Can't stand the man!

Me and the kids always have a chuckle over Howard becuase I say - Imagine if Howard was your dad - how bad would that be for your street cred at school? :blush:

I hate the Halifax adverts where they get their members of staff to sing stupid songs. That Howard guy needs to be shot - he's the most annoying of the lot and he shows up inevery single flippin' one of them!

He is a teacher at our school. His real name is Mr Khan.

(I am, of course, joking. Mr Khan just looks an awful lot like him. Another teacher who has now left looks like a monkey. Seriously. The resemblance is uncanny. People used to call him "Monkey-man".)

That's because he was first! I heard him being interviewed last year on Steve Wright's show. He really works for Halifax - they held auditions for a real staff member to appear in their adverts, he auditioned - and won!

That does not make him less of a pain in the ****. It just means he is a lucky pain in the ****.

I always thought he was a nice jolly person, until I read an interview with him not long after his first advert started. He came across as arrogant, big-headed and humourless, so I've disliked him ever since! Apparently the Halifax paid him peanuts for his ad and I don't think he gets repeat fees (or maybe he does...) but I remember thinking that was pretty stingy.

I also hate that advert for some kind of mouthwash that features a naked woman wandering romantically through a soft-focus barley field. She then smiles and shows she's missing some teeth. I really hate gratuitous nudity (but I'll make an exception in the case of Josh Holloway, she adds hypocritically). :blush:

I hated the advert for the yoghurt (I think it was yoghurt) and it was called 'Paula':smile2: I had to suffer 'Paula is a cow' for weeks:lol:

I laughed when I saw it Paula - didn't seem to latch on in this house though :blush:

I had a wee chuckle too and it was the same for me, the phrase did not last long in our flat B)

C'mon...with all the wee knitted puppety things (for a car)

Yup - I hate those too:

I hate the Corsa adverts with those nasty little cloth people shouting "C'mon!" all the time! :smile2:

They drive me absolutely nuts - I have been known to shout and throw things at the telly when they c'mon (sorry for the pun there). Fortuantely, I've not thrown anything that would break the screen because my aim is definitely improving! As soon as Dale sees them come on, if he has the remote, he changes the channel because he knows I'll go nutso! :)

Yup - I hate those too:

My mum acctualy likes those Corsa adverts:lol:

C'mon...with all the wee knitted puppety things (for a car)

Well yes I do like those adverts but all the rest of them are poor espishaly the elephant one!

Edited by Michelle
merged