• Announcements

• Hayley

Something Wicked This Way Comes...   10/09/2019

The Autumn Supporter Giveaway!       Welcome to the very first of the seasonal BCF supporter giveaways! This month also marks one year since I took on the forum, so I want to say an extra huge thank you to all of you for keeping this place going. I have a little bit more to say about that later but, for now, let's get to the giveaway!     The Autumn Giveaway winner will be getting two Penguin Little Black Classics, The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe and To Be Read At Dusk by Charles Dickens. Both of these little books contain three atmospheric short stories, perfect for autumnal evenings. The winner will also get Mary Shelley tea (a lavender and vanilla black tea) from Rosie Lea Tea's Literary Tea Collection (https://www.rosieleatea.co.uk/collections/literary-tea-collection) and a chocolate skull, to really get that spooky atmosphere .   and...   A special treat for a special month. The winner will choose one of the following recent paperback releases from the independent bookshop Big Green Bookshop:       The Wych Elm by Tana French A House of Ghosts by W.C. Ryan Melmoth by Sarah Perry The Familiars by Stacey Halls  The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White   The winner will be chosen via the usual random selection process in one week. Patreon supporters are entered automatically. If you aren't a patreon supporter but you'd like to join in with this giveaway, you can support here: https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum.   I really hope you're all going to like this introduction to the seasonal giveaways. It's been a lot of fun to put together. Other chocolate skulls may have been harmed during the selection process…     
Tiger

Favourite sports?

My favourite sports are swimming, rounders, football and dance. I also like ice skating. But I really hate having to do the evil 500 metre races at school!:blush:

How about you?

Ice Hockey ans Skateboarding/bmx are pretty much all i will watch

I like watching football but the closest I get to actually participating in sports is going to the gym.

What I do - cycling most, football I try and go for a kick around on Wednesday nights - off tonight I think in a few minutes, and indoor climbing when I get a chance.

What I watch - mostly football and cricket, although I'm pathetic enough to watch almost anything.

I am not a big sports fan, and don't really watch it on the TV. I do though enjoy walking - around the area where we live (loads of walks to choose from being surrounded by one of the National Trust's largest estates), and of course on Lundy. I also go the gym around 2-3 times a week, where I use the exercise bikes and treadmills and also the weights.

My job keeps me quite fit as well - running up and down stairs, lifting and carrying TV's, hoovers and so on. :blush:

Edited by Talisman

Football - I'm a committee member of our local team (for my sins!)

CRICKET!

I've never been a sports-playing person though. The only exercise I enjoy is bushwalking.

I like Football, I am not an avid viewer but do watch games if they are on, I used to play football when I was younger (a lot younger :blush:) until I fell and managed to twist my kneecap:irked:

Well when at school I was a member of the athletics team in the summer and played hockey during the winter. Loved them both. I also joined an athletics club while I was at school and did 1500m and javelin. Wasn't brilliant at them, but enjoyed the taking part.

While on holiday played badminton, tennis, swimming (of a sort!), on our bikes, 2-a-side volleyball(wallyball, was in squash court!) So you could say I enjoy those sports, but will watch a variety of things on the telly. Am looking forward to the Olympics. Having done all these things on hols I know I should be more active, but it isn't the same....lol.

My favourite sport to play is by far football!! I can actually convince myself i'm ok at that. To watch though I find footie rather tedious, much better spectator sports are Ice Hockey, Rugby & Cricket.

I did and do the girly sports: ballet, figure skating, cheerleading (did these), tennis (do now)... basically anything you can wear a skirt in! I love ice hockey, football, tennis, formula 1, American football... most sports really. Except basketball. Traumatic experiences there.

I was a competitive swimmer in my youth. I trained every day before school at Crystal Palace 6-7.30am then school then again after school 5-7pm. Session on Sundays as well and usually a competition somewhere in the country on Saturday evening.

So I enjoy watching swimming, I enjoy watching cycling, gymnastic and athletics.

I love to watch my daughter and her school team play netball. It's a really exciting game. I wish it had more TV time

I like to swim, mini golf:mrgreen:, cycling badminton and squash (only done it once though but was fun).:)

Edited by Kenny

Squash is great fun, Kenny. The beauty of it is that, however bad you may be at it (and I speak from experience:lol:), it can still give you a good workout.

Yeh I was quite tired and sweaty after it.:D

I'm not generally a sports fan and I'm definitely not an athletic person, but there are some sports that I enjoy. The sport I played the most as a kid was basketball...I skipped lunch everyday in 7th grade to shoot hoops in the gym. The sport I love watching the most is probably American football. I'm not religious about it, in fact, I didn't even watch the Superbowl the year the Seahawks played, which is my home team! But a good football game is better than any other sport.

Well....I did have a lot of fun once at an ice hockey game...hmmm....

Football. I get addicted to watching the scores in football (if I can't watch the match). I would love to have a season ticket but they're far too expensive.

I have also really enjoyed watching the Olympics. Most of the sports are really entertaining. I even stayed up to watch the women's marathon - then fell asleep 10 minutes before the end so it was a waste of time.

Football. I get addicted to watching the scores in football (if I can't watch the match). I would love to have a season ticket but they're far too expensive.

I love football too. Had to sacrifice my season ticket to work :D Who do you support?

I have been a Hull City season ticket holder for about 15 years. Looking forward to visiting St James this year looks a great stadium on the telly.