Favourite sports?

Tiger

Andy and I have been watching (and trying to understand) Amercian footie on BBC2 :roll::):)

Did you make sense of it? I never could! My son`s a fan & tried to teach me the basics, needless to say he gave up on me! :D

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be footie too, I'm afraid. And I have to own up to being an Arsenal supporter:irked: - not a plastic glory hunting fan, but I was born within spitting distance of the old Highbury ground.

So, c'mon Mr Wenger, for goodness sake buy some experienced players in January:motz:

• 4 weeks later...
The sport I love watching the most is probably American football. I'm not religious about it, in fact, I didn't even watch the Superbowl the year the Seahawks played, which is my home team!

Ooh, Echo, you saved yourself some heartache, as I'm sure every average resident of the Pacific NW has told you. I had to rib my friend at school here a little bit, as she and our pastor are from Pittsburgh... ugh!

For me, to watch: American football, the Seattle Seahawks, especially with my dad; local and major-league baseball, local basketball

To play (NOT at ALL competently, sadly): low-key basketball, American soccer, kickball because I have mind of a ten-year-old apparently, softball

I like quite a few sports! Mainly Rugby, Football and Formula One. I will also watch any motorsport I catch, but find it hard to remember when the rest are on. For playing myself I used to love Badminton, but never seemed to get back into it, hopefully when my arm is sorted I can.

• 3 weeks later...

Petrolhead here too - the more extreme the better. I been to Santa Pod (http://www.santapod.co.uk/) a few times and would thoroughly recommend it.

Not into football but I have been to one game (Man U vs Barcelona in a semi final for something or other) and it was quite an experience. A colleague in our Manchester office invited me along thinking it'd be cool to say my first and only game was...

Kind of loses it's impact when I can't remember what it was for :lol:

I like the look of horse-riding, too- my cousin took it up and she loved her horses so much. Two of my friends also do horse-riding and say it's the best fun ever. :roll:

But I'm sad- because of my Osgood Schlatter I can only do swimming. No more PE. :lol: But I look forward to get back to playing my favourite sports again.

• 4 weeks later...

I despise sports.

My favourite sport, to quote my friend Mell: is 'walking with Mell.'

I used to play tennis, and be very good at it. I'm not a team player and in tennis I get to whack a small object at another person, it's great anger therapy!

Other than that..... I used to skateboard when I was 15?? Quite well in fact.... I was the fastest, if not the best at tricks, around, including the boys.

I watch almost anything. And the confusing thing is that I like "guy" sports. Hockey, obviously, but with hockey I love the old-school, hard-core, haven't-really-played-if-you-still-have-all-your-teeth hockey. I like football, prefer American football, I enjoy F1 (mostly for the strategy part these days, though), alpine skiing...

What I do or have done is the 'girly' sports. Ballet, figure skating, cheerleading, tennis... Basically anything where you get to wear a skirt! The only exception is skiing.

i dont do sport myself, hiking/walking is my sport :) at school i got a b in football once i was gobsmacked the teacher must have been watching the wrong person, and hocky was fun because i could 'by accident' smack the evil girls shins and get away with it, i was the quiet shy one and this was my only time of vengence. I did enjoy lacrosse although we didnt get to play that much :woohoo: and badminton although im rubbish at it, its funny to play.

I really wanted to do ballet when little but mum wouldnt let me, twas too expensive, i went to brownies & guides instead.....typically i quit the week before they decided to get interesting and take everyone canoeing :)

• 2 weeks later...